Thinking about Con-Way

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by Wade73, Jul 17, 2014.

1. jasonhpi

jasonhpi Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2014
    how is the pay only 50k a year? Starting pay is 21 and change plus overtime.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    You're probably thinking of Con-Way Freight.

Con-Way Truckload is paid mileage. ~40cpm x ~120,000 miles/year is $48,000 plus a few bonuses puts you over 50. There is no overtime.

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  4. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Tell that to my Qualcomm sirens dy ;D

Soooooorrrrryyyyyy Niiiiiikkkkkkiiiii....

Not really.

5. DesiTrucker

DesiTrucker Light Load Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Nj
    Was talking to a conway guy in lakewood nj today. Been there 11 years and loves it there. I was trying to get a idea of pay and quality of life. He said starting LTL driver pay $23 and top out in four years @27.10. Also plenty of OT. 1.5 after 8hrs/day

can anyone confirm this !?

6. Danvitt

Danvitt Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Dayton, OH
    Well I just seen a local ad in my town saying they start at 21.30 an hour with no experience. I imagine this varies depending on your location.

7. darknessesedge

darknessesedge Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    otr startin out is .26cpm while with a finisher for 10000 miles....after he releases you, you go to .31 cpm ....after 3 mos ur up to 34 cpm...by the end of the 1st yr it was about .37cpm

8. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Who you gonna call !?!

Ghoosstt buusst!!!errrrrrrrrrr...

Yeah Conway freight...was that a serious question? o_O

And its 7500 miles for finisher. Have too many drivers turning over and not enough tire rotations.

What's the tires with the lowest rolling resistance!!??!!! Conway truckload super singles!!
    Omg someone call Kevin Rutherford... He must know.

See Joe....that's how you be a smart butt. ;D

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  9. jakebrake12

jakebrake12 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I95
    Yeah, I'll confirm it.. That's top rate now here in the Northeast. Not sure what the starting pay is but it's now 3 years to get there instead of 5 and top mileage rate is .64 per mile. That's Northeast. Most terminals are 25.10 an hour and .60 per mile. Any terminal code that starts with an X is ot at 8/40. That's basically any terminal from the Dakota's east and down to I70 then across to the east. I've worked here for 12 years and am glad I didn't leave 2 years ago when I started thinking looking around. It has improved a lot for drivers and dock workers in the last year.

I run a day meet in the mid 400 mile range plus a few hours on the dock before I go and the money is unreal. If I feel like sleeping in a little I can come in at my run time and just do that. I'm a pig in slop right now..lol..

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  10. darknessesedge

darknessesedge Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    uh...no.....

???? route is preplanned....do not go out of route....if you have to scale and its not in route, you don't get paid for those miles...Drive whichever route you think is best

??? only if they can collect it 1st...Detention paid regardless of whether conway can collect it from shipper/broker
    etc[/QUOTE]

11. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    I've been averaging around 2,800/week, and I only run about 24 - 25 days/month. So far this year, quite a few weeks over 3,200. I think some of that is your Fleet Manager and how hard they're willing to work for you. The FM I use is doing a good job for me. Let's not forget those nice rings every 120K.

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.