Thinking about Con-Way

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by Wade73, Jul 17, 2014.

1. bigrigdriver2016

bigrigdriver2016 Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2015
    I am looking into con way for the summer of '16. I have a friend that just graduated from their training center in Plainfield, Indiana and just loves them. Be careful of the bigger schools like Roadmaster, TDI, or C1 as we are just cattle. What enticed me about Con Way is the small training classes. Not 15 one week and 30 the next and fighting for drive/range time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2015
    JopMO
  4. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2015
    JopMO
    New class has 5...

5. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky

Trick to those bigger training companies is don't go to the ones closer to the higher populated areas.

Common sense right?

Example TDI greenfield (Indy) pulls in 15 a week no problem. Go hour and a half south down 65 TDI sellersburg is lucky to get 5.

I had 3 in mine. Each had a truck at all times.

Joplin's a good area to get low class sizes place is don't blink or you'll miss it. Ala the 5 ppl in the class above ^

6. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    so as far as truckload goes, what equipment are you guys using? I've seen tons of different tractors, mostly daycabs but I was looking into OTR. inverters, fridges, idle policy? (since I don't think I've seen apu's on any of the sleeper trucks I've come across so far)

7. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Inverters are preinstalled every truck.
    Fridge is buy your own.
    Idle policy is as much as you want just stay over 6 mpg & if you have a pet its higher like 6.5 or 6.3 6.2 ...somin like that. They withhold a penny from your checques and you get it back at the end of the month if u hit the mark.
    .....so just drop 50 in the tanks out of pocket cash is what most ppl do.

Freightliners have optiidle.
    Kws
    Pete's
    Volvos
    Internationals

You can buy your own apu and the shop will put it on for a fee. Just idle...

I really liked the optiidle though. I never turned the truck off except to fuel and poop.

paul_4lp and Blue02celi Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.