thinking about driving for jb hunt

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by MissAlyssa07, Jan 16, 2013.

1. MissAlyssa07

MissAlyssa07 Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Toledo, OH
    There's a job posting for an Amazon account out of Swanton, oh which is where I currently live. Does anyone know what it will be like if I take this job? Please only answer if you've worked for jb hunt

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MissAlyssa07

Jul 31, 2011
    Toledo, OH
    Oh and I currently drive otr for Millis Transfer

4. Voltrucker

Voltrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 24, 2012
    West TN
    I would definitely stay with Millis. Much more respected company and get treated better. Don't give up a KW for a Freightshaker ;)

Marky84 Thanks this.
  5. MissAlyssa07

Jul 31, 2011
    Toledo, OH
    Yeah but I'd like to be home more. That's the only reason why I'm thinking about leaving Millis.

6. BronzeLion

BronzeLion Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    How often are you getting home with Millis? Are you OTR? If so, maybe you could switch to regional?

7. muledriver

muledriver Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Milis probably has more respect among drivers that have never worked for jb and like to make fun of jb because its the popular thing to do . Jb has made sure that I get off and home for all of my kids and wife's doctor appointments later in her pregnancy that was every week they let me bobtail home inbetween loads to take my ten hour breaks I live 80 miles.from the terminal they pay very well the benifits are good I have not talked to any drivers on amazon so can't give you account specifics I live in va the few freight shakers we have left are not bad trucks I have 800000 miles in just kws the freightliners are romier and more comfertable but you won't have one for long my account just traded out the last of our frieghtliners most of us have new prostars they are comfertable trucks for regional driveing if Iwas otr it would be cramped . But the prostar is perfect for me because of the places. I deliver to

JoeyJunk, Marky84 and ewill71 Thank this.
  8. ewill71

ewill71 Heavy Load Member

Oct 3, 2011
    mcgregor tx
    Jb is great to work for, I have been with them 11 years on 2 accounts and they relocated me and my family to two other locations than where i started with them. Like the guy above I havent been on the amazon acct, But I have been with the company and NEVER treated bad. They are a respected comapny and they do take care of the working drivers.

Marky84 and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.