Thinking About JCT

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by pawpaw, Jan 25, 2009.

1. simplyred1962

simplyred1962 Betty Boop, One Bodacious Babe!!!

I'm thinking they were including the INSIDE of the truck?

And, yes, the outside of the truck must get dirty, in order to wash it.

Judi Kay

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. VULCAN1999

VULCAN1999 World's #1 Grandpa

Jul 28, 2007
    Bunnell, FL
    When I went through orientation they had a truck there that you couldn't see the passenger seat or the floorboard for the garbage and he had 12 urine bottles in the floor. The windshield had 2 feet of paper and garbage on the dash that was the main reason they couldn't figure out how he could see above it to actually view out the window. When the confronted him he got belligerent about it. Yes your dirty truck can be a safety problem. Bottles roll under your pedal and you can't brake.

4. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    As I understand it John himself will tell you during orientation that you will keep your dash clean. This is the woman who they fired and she actually posted pic of her interior on her profile here; http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/members/7018-janskitty/

And yes it's a pig sty! I'm glad to say I vacuum once a week and sweep and dust every day and make my bed each morning! The only things on my dash is my windshield mount note pad, a sticky pad with my cell and calculator and sometimes my sunglasses case. After 30+ years I know what DOT looks at and the dash is the first thing they see and the floor the second when the door gets opened! They DO base what happens next when they see a dirty interior!

scottied67 Thanks this.
  5. truckinwva

truckinwva Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2009
    strasburg, va.
    REEFERS VS VANS--REEFERS ARE REALLY QUIET THESE DAYS. YOU WOULD GET USED TO IT QUICKLY. I DID

truckinwva

6. richareyoulost

richareyoulost Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Pottsville,pas
    I worked for this company and i must let you know, More times than not many drivers only talk dirt about a company after things go wrong.Well fellow drivers this truck is for you.This company sounds great,if you dont complain about anything this company is for you.Its simple get me paid and get me home.Remember you are paying for everything in hopes of owning that truck? you never will the miles you put on that truck,at the end it wont be worth a dime.If you run hard and dont complain you can get violation of your logbook as long as you dont get put out of service they dont care.But if you run hard and you question, about getting to the house its been a month, you del your load into florida on wednesday and you are put you TAH for saturday,but you nxt load dosent P/U till thursday and del on tuesday in dallas at 0800.Take it from me its true.Also remember by wednesday you only have, if you lucky 1500 miles the cut off is sunday. That nxt load wont pay you till nxt week you cant afford to go home anyway.They promise 3000+ miles a week,bottom line is that some of the driver managers dont care.That being said i've dont more work on the week weed fri-sun,with weekend dispatch than i 've got during the week. I reported the Issue to HR,i got fired for having a communication problem. Again jct is not for you if have a life

7. henryn26

henryn26 Bobtail Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Janesville,WI
    then you doing it wrong or not having any communication. and if this does happen it rarely does.:biggrin_25513:

8. truckinwva

truckinwva Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2009
    strasburg, va.
    You need to get into a better relationship with dispatcher. If you have to, bite your tongue. and an apology never hurts. Be the "bigger" person in the mess you're in. People respond better to kindness than to ridicule. Be polite. You'll get allot further if you kill 'em with kindness than a smart mouth. You might think about updating your communication skills.

Remember, you'll get allot further with someone else if you care about their feelings. Simply, pour on the kindness.

truckinwva

scottied67 Thanks this.
  9. chromewheelz

chromewheelz Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    REALLY I'd never figure after reading your post. I'm no English major but man the grammer and spelling gave me a headache trying to read.

goin2fast10 Thanks this.
  10. Haystak

Haystak Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Blytheville, AR
    It's not a chore to keep a clean truck. No they don't constantly hound us about keeping our trucks clean, inside or out. They figure, which is pretty much common sense, that each driver will practice good housekeeping. Unfortunately, they do inspections due to some drivers lacking in that department. But seriously, for drivers that drive otr, this is our home and office. Would you leave piss bottles laying next to your recliner in your living room at home? Would you leave chicken bones laying on your kitchen counter at home for a week? It's not that hard of a task.

scottied67 and DrtyDiesel Thank this.
  11. wpmclam

wpmclam Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Venus, TX
    Does JCT hire out of texas? What are their qualifications? I'm curious

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.