Thinking About JCT

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by pawpaw, Jan 25, 2009.

1. truckinwva

truckinwva Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2009
    strasburg, va.
    At home, don't you keep your car/truck clean?
    I mean, what's the big deal? Just keep the trash picked up and clean the windows and dash.

truckinwva

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Saddle Tramp

Saddle Tramp Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2009
    laurel, nebraska
    :biggrin_2558:Do they hire out of Nebr.?:biggrin_25514:

4. Midwest Kid

Midwest Kid Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2008
    Lincoln, NE

Yes they do, you must have atleast 18 months with your current employer before they will look at you.

5. Truckinphil

Truckinphil Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2011
    My time at JCT was an adventure. I left swift in may and was done at JCT by October. They ran me illegal as they could and when I could not stay awake long enough they sat me and starved me out. I talked to the Manager of the DM's and he was too busy voting for his "American Idol". He asked why I only made it so few miles after a load and I explained to him that you can only legally drive from one location to the next in one day. If you don't believe me check my gps signals. He did and then asked me..."you don't like to run illegal?" I said I had been running as hard as I can and was doing my best but the dm doesn't have a realistic schedule. About two weeks later I was sitting in Dallas for over a day to just drive back to the yard and park "their" truck. Only if you like to really cook those books consider this company. They will fail soon enough and you don't want to be near the fallout.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  6. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Jeese people!!!! Why are so many people too lazy to do their own homework?!?

It's right on their web site the "Hiring Area". There are ALL KINDS of search engines on the web that will take you right to their web site if you had the energy to use one and type in their name.

http://www.johnchristner.com/?r=drivercareers&drv=hiringarea

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  7. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    That is CRAP, I know that your DM did not ask you to run illegal. I worked there for 3 years and never run illegal. Now if you want to count your time at a Walmart DC, un hooked from your trailer, sleeping in your bunk for 4 to 5 hours as on duty not driving,then you need to get another job. Don't blame your stupidity on JCT.

DrtyDiesel and scottied67 Thank this.
  8. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    Is there very many 379's or w-9's available in orientation? Or are they being phased out? Thanks

9. p90xtreme26

p90xtreme26 Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2011
    tyler, tx
    man u realy cant get a strait answer from alot of people on here can you? my parents are gonna give jct a try, i hope it goes great for them, cause it realy has me interested in it also. i work back in the oilfield, but i am truely missing being over the road...

10. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    Try the JCT thread in favrite trucking companies section. A lot of good info there.

11. p90xtreme26

p90xtreme26 Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2011
    tyler, tx
    thanx bigr, do u work for them?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.