Thinking About JCT

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by pawpaw, Jan 25, 2009.

1. p90xtreme26

p90xtreme26 Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2011
    tyler, tx
    and where do u go for the favorite trucking co. section? i just joined this today so im a lil confused on here

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    No problem, just go to the top of this page & click on the link that says truck driver message boards. The next page will show three links at the top, bad companies, good companies, & moror carrier report. Click on the Report a Good company link, then JCT link will be on the next page.

4. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    No problem, don't work there yet. I'm currently in the app. process ( just applied a few days ago ). I have been reserching this company for over 2 years now, their are a lot of current JCT drivers that do post here & they are very helpful.

5. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Iam with JCT, there lease deal is very good, the payments are about the same as most other companies, there is only a dollar buy out, and they wont drop your miles to make it hard to stay in the truck, Now Alan will at toward the end of your lease try like made to get you to turn your truck in and lease a new one, If you do not what to just keep saying no thanks and walk away, He will keep calling you and approaching at the yard and say anything and everything, but you dont have to if you choose not to

BigR Thanks this.
  6. txqtrucker

txqtrucker Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2011
    bryan, texas
    i am a jct driver and they run 99% reefer. They do you alot of ca, and mainly the west coast. I live in texas and when i come off hometime i normally will be going to ca or az.

I normally avg. Anywhere from 2800 to 3200 miles per week. If you do not like to run hard then jct is not the place.

7. Trafficcontrolxl

Trafficcontrolxl Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Omaha, NE
    Merry Christmas to all you....
    Im still at JCT and enjoying it. Not every day is wonderful but they are still a great company to work with.

8. supersingles

supersingles Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Orlando . fl
    I just spoke with one of the recruters at JCT ... it seems to be a very nice person i spoke to give all my info for the aplication .... my big concern is what will be my avg money in my pocket doing avg 3000 miles/wk ??? theres a tool at their website to do a quick estimate but it seems i do better working for a compony rather doing a lease purchase ?? please i nees some help before i go with them .

9. Doc W

Doc W Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Eastern Oklahoma
    I am in the app process with JCT too. I can say that I have researched them for about a year and a half, and have found them to be a good rated company. Their BBB is clear, and actually has 0 complaints.

As for the money, Lease Owner vs. Company, I will say this...
    If you put in 2750 miles per week (a very conservative figure) your net income is $910.70. That is BEFORE taxes and other expenses like truck washes, meals (if you eat at the greasy spoons that is), a tire fund, and misc. I figured with ALL expenses taken into consideration, I would be able to easily have $545.00 real NET income for household bills, etc. Again, that is at 2750 MPW. Plus, the big kicker is... tax deductions! Don't forget about that! You will get a tremendous amount of deductions above and beyond that of a company driver.

Bottom line, at least in my case, it's about miles and home time. They have "Regional" fleets now that operate in both TX. and OK. Since I live in OK, that is what I am shooting for. They "guarantee" the Lease Owner a 2500 MPW guarantee, but say that their avg. driver in these 2 fleets are getting about 3100 MPW. As well as getting home for your reset every week!

I hope this helps....

10. Carolina Thunder

Carolina Thunder Medium Load Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Coeburn V.A.
    I have never sleep as well at home as i have in the truck with the reffer running,never!
    :biggrin_25518::biggrin_25518::biggrin_25518:

11. jaso36

jaso36 Medium Load Member

Jan 19, 2012
    West End,Nc
    I went to JCT in Dec. of 08. They will run the wheels off your truck. Be carefull which truck you pick out of orientation because that will decide if you make money or not. Remember the long hood and CAT motor are not that friendly towards your pocket. I made that mistake and should have went with the cascadia with an apu. So I did not do well but if I had chosen a different truck I would have probably done better and would still be there. A lot of it depends on your decisions and they are straight there they do not lie and tell you how they run the company and will let you know that not everyone is a fit for them. Good luck and do your homework talk to Jct drivers in truck stops most like it there but there are always negative people everywhere.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.