thinking about prime

Discussion in 'Prime' started by jman0779, Nov 14, 2012.

1. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    WOW! Now that's a really useful comment.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. groundpounder1

groundpounder1 Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Belmont, NC
    I leased on with Prime for 8 months, left there owing them $6k... Stay company unless you have little to no liabilities at home, can stay out for long periods of time, can eat cheaply, and drive SLOW! I was negative on my settlements for 2 months straight because they said I ate too much, drove too fast, and went home too much, and that was every 2-3 weeks!

4. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

That's good advice. You wouldn't go O/O unless you really knew the business, and lease isn't really any different.

5. Easy Steamer

Easy Steamer Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Prime does not force anyone to do anything, You appear to have failed in the past and need someone to blame other than the person in the mirror

6. Easy Steamer

Jul 3, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Look another one, Says I HEARD stories, That means YOU DON'T KNOW.

7. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Ive seen the lease costs there,its not a terrible lease. You are running a business and have to drive as such. Some are able to be successful others arent. Doesnt make it a bad lease just because you failed.

8. Easy Steamer

Jul 3, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Looks like they were a couple of trolls doing a hit and run since they haven't been back

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  9. Third3y3guy

Third3y3guy Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Alabama
    Honestly? Every warning your setting is right. Prime is a shallow self serving company, a lot of them are. There are better ways to get your training. And if you're under a work context with prime for a year for that "free training" then no reputable company is going to hire you when you realize that you're miserable. If you do decide to go to prime, be as plain Jane/ average Joe as you can. Prime isn't LGBT friendly. A lot of people will tell you "that's trucking" to have to deal with hate and prejudice but that's not the case. I've worked for several companies that have a zero tolerance policy.
    But back to the point. Digg deep and hard for better options, they're out there.
    Good luck

10. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    And you know this how? Through your vast experience driving for Prime?

Nonsense. Anyone with a clean driving record and steady employment will be easily employed in this job market.

There is no reason for your sexual preferences to be inserted into the middle of an employment relationship. No one cares unless you force that information out into the open - then it (and you) becomes a problem. That being said, Prime has a clear sexual harrassment policy that is enforced.

This is in fact one of the best company training options out there. Perhaps you should stick to commenting on subjects you have actual knowledge about.

11. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

Hmmm... Prime isn't a non-profit, so it must be in business to make money. Everything they do is an offshoot of that, so yes, they must be self-serving.

News flash... EVERY business is in business for exactly that reason. It doesn't matter if they're moving freight, drilling holes in the ground to get the oil out, or selling 1000 calorie gut bombs to unsuspecting passers-by; they are in it to make money. That's called "the free market". In a free market, people are free to not work for a company, buy their product, or not use their services. If enough people feel that way, the company goes out of business.

First, how did you figure that one out? I did a web search, and found exactly ZERO complaints regarding LGBT and Prime. Unless someone has built an infallible "gaydar" machine, three of those letters won't even be known by the company, and I would suspect they don't care if you are any or all of the 4 letters. As long as you can safely drive a truck from point A to point B, they're happy. (See my answer to your "self serving" comment above.)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.