thinking about prime

Discussion in 'Prime' started by jman0779, Nov 14, 2012.

1. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    How can 2 people,

not even employed by the company,

have any advice that's better that the poster that doesn't work there either ?

Who is a person to believe?

:biggrin_25513:
    Wait, where's the wife of the former driver of said company, she'll know....

:biggrin_2559:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    I assume you're including yourself in that crowd?

4. NutDriver

NutDriver Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Retread....post removed.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2012
  5. Third3y3guy

Third3y3guy Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Alabama
    Just so we're clear i never said i didn't have experience with prime.
    And as for the LGBT statement, this I also know for fact.
    Just because your google search didn't pull anything up doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Based on MY experiences with prime, i would not recommend this company.
    I had a reason for bringing up where i fit into the LGBT category.
    And for Prime, it was an issue. Regardless of my solid work history and clean background.

And just because a company isn't non profit, doesn't mean they have the right to take advantage of its drivers.
    If you two are happy at Prime, more power to you. But not everyone is going to share your opinion.
    And the last time i checked, I'm living in America. So if you don't want my opinion, don't read it.

6. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    A lot of companies have appearance policies. My guess is if you dressed and acted professional then it wasnt an issue for the LGB part of that but if you fit into the T part and basically looked like a man dressing as a woman that presents issues with customers. Sorry but that is reality.

7. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Nor did you ever say you did have experience with Prime. Your opinion is valued as long as it's based in fact, not bullcrap.

Don't flatter yourself. If you'd pressed a complaint that had gotten anywhere, the trucking-oriented media would have picked it up.

Considering the conservative nature of the majority of people involved in the trucking industry, I'd say anyone who presents themselves openly as an LGBT person is going to have a difficult time anywhere in the industry. While "gay" marriage may have been legalized by the electorate in some areas of the country, that's a far cry from general acceptance.

Playing the victim, eh?

8. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    O goody. Glad I missed all this.

9. iamcoreyh

iamcoreyh Bobtail Member

May 27, 2017
    I do not understand how someone's views on other peoples marriages have anything to do with professionalism and working hard. And you can be conservative and gay. Been with my partner 4 years and have an adopted son. It is an issue not being open at work not because you want to talk about your private life but it does come up all the time when people talk of their family and you can't talk of your own family in fear it will hurt your career it is not fair and discriminatory. Newsflash you can be gay and conservative, gay and republican, gay and Christian and gay and masculine as well as professional and a hard worker. Your concept of your religion is YOUR concept. Why when the gay topic comes up it goes straight to sex? When I hear you are straight I don't talk to you about sex. But by Don't ask Don't policy mindset people can tell you are not authentic with your Coworkers which affects quality of life and job advancement and pay. And gay marriage wasn't accepted in some areas by some of the electorate it was passed by the Supreme Court and conservative justices as well as center and left. There are so many dumb people with opinions they know nothing about.

10. mem

mem Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2015
    Umm that Supreme Court ruling came out a few years after this thread that you are whining in.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.