Thinking about Roehl

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by tnx3102, Feb 12, 2013.

1. bucksandducks

bucksandducks Medium Load Member

Mar 29, 2007
    WI

7/7 is more than half. You get more bang for your buck. You have a fresh 70 so you can easily run 3000 miles. If you stay out for 14 days there is very little chance you will run 6000 miles. But you are right 7/3 would be a better check. At the end the of the years all the fleets usually get around the same miles. Tarp pay, stop pay, and the extra cpm will make a flat driver a little more money. Is the extra pay worth the little bit of extra pay? Probably not, but I liked the places I went to better on a flat. Doesn't EZ pass pay for most of the tolls? Roehl used to advance drivers money if they knew they had a bunch of tolls to pay.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SSWnKC

SSWnKC Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Kansas City
    So...the burning question...
    I noticed that on Roehl's website the pay scale for new or experienced drivers is no longer posted, although it dose refer to a performance based pay system.
    What can a new driver expect as a base cpm pay rate? How dose the performance based pay system build upon the base rate?
    Inquiring minds want to know.....:biggrin_25515:

4. tnx3102

tnx3102 Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2013
    So as I was packing up for mondays trip to Appleton for training, I get a phone call from a local company for a interview. The interview went good. Im going to start driving for this company now. I just want to thank everyone on these forums for your response and answering my questions as needed. I just hope all goes well.

5. TexasPhoenix

TexasPhoenix Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Discussing the new pay program should probably be a whole new thread instead of burying it in this thread.

technoroom Thanks this.
  6. WIbowhunter

WIbowhunter Bobtail Member

May 6, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Sorry if I'm taking this thread a bit off topic...not a trucker here but thinking about it. Anyway, I live about 2 1/2 hours from the terminal but am really close to Madison, WI. Would starting out with Roehl be a good idea? I'd also have to get my CDL from them since I don't have one. Apparently they put you up in a hotel during training, but after that do you need to live closer to the terminal?

7. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    The closest terminal to my house is 800+ miles, so I think Madison would be fine. LOL.

8. WIbowhunter

May 6, 2012
    Wisconsin
    wow that is long! Do they have much trouble finding freight to get you home on time?

9. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    Living in WI, you not going to have a problem getting home. Not with Roehl anyway. Terminal in Appleton too, which I think is just a little closer.

10. WIbowhunter

May 6, 2012
    Wisconsin
    I also heard there was a drop yard in Madison. Not 100% sure of that though.

11. Treefork

Treefork Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Northeast Indiana
    Yes there is.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.