Thinking about second job...

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Hemilife, Mar 18, 2019.

1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    those are low end,low paying jobs, by the time taxes are taken out, you'd have been better off not bothering.

go to a credit counseling service, many are free, and they help you re-organize your debt.

if you still cannot get your things straight, then file bankruptcy, clear the slate clean....except, student loans are not wiped off, you still have to pay them off.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    It isn't legal. Any work counts but you can keep it quiet. Maybe uber or deliver pizzas.

4. Hemilife

Hemilife Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2019
    Thanks for the input guys...I didn’t go MIA, just like to sit back and watch what you have to say, without debating you on your own opinions lol

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  5. Hemilife

Hemilife Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2019
    Quick question guys...once I get off my driving job, I can work anything non CDL, as long as I want...I just have to legally take my 10hr break before driving my truck again, correct?

6. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    If you are involved with agriculture products and stay within the 150 air miles radius, you do not log, do not report the hours, it is just like you are not doing anything. So, no, if you leave your job and come straight over and start hauling agriculture product, why would you need a 10 hr break? You think I am joking? The company that I work for is a milk hauling company, we use the exemption all the time. I do not agree with it, but it is legal, believe me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.