Thinking about Werner? Don't do it!

Discussion in 'Werner' started by DeepC, Feb 10, 2007.

1. white dove

white dove Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2007
    KY Good Ole USA
    Hey lady trucker you still drive for WERNER? Hubby and i team for them, was trying to send you a pm but board wont let me yet lol. Gimme a holler if ya do
    whitedove

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HOUDINI

HOUDINI Light Load Member

Jul 18, 2007
    ILLINOIS
    Here are my top 5 reasons to stay away from Werner.
    Take it or leave...just my advice
    5} PAPERLESS LOGS...what a farce. These will give you more headaches on the road then anything else. They will constantly miss log you, ruining your 10hr and your restart. And forget it about getting them corrected, because the log dept. is filled with arrogant, rude, ignorant people who think they know what you do more then you do.
    4} POOR COMMUNICATION...even with qualcom it is hard to get anyone to respond to you. Dispatchers will ignor you. Repairs will not get back to you for hrs sometimes next day before you get them to respond and that is just asking you a qwuestion and then you have to reply and wait again. They expect you to do nothing but wait with the qualcom on your lap, staring at it waiting on a reply.
    3} POOR PAY....Forget what ever your recruiter tells you. You will start out at .25 @mile. And the bonus are set up so you will not get them.
    2} POOR MILES....Count on avg. about 1300 miles # week. Get used to HAVING to stay out on the weekends because there are loads to run and you sit in a truckstop all weekend waiting for one of those loads.
    1} RESPECT.....This is the one that I feel is most important. No one in that company will talk to a driver with any respect. Dispatchers, fleet managers, log dept., supervisors, no one shows a driver any respect.
    So listen to me or not, everyone has their own opinions...but these are mine about Werner.

4. kemojc

kemojc Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Buffalo, NY
    let me start by saying I AM A WERNER DRIVER, this is the WORST by far company that i have worked for, i have also worked for Schneider and gts
    my first week as a team driver... they gave me a truck thats door fell off as soon as i tried to open it.... NO JOKE
    then for my first week 11 paid miles... shag... thats it
    next week 2000 miles total all week sat all weekend long no loads
    (i have YET to do a drop and hook by the way)
    then i get a phone call, my idle percentage is way too high, 60%
    first off, i am a team driver, so i shouldnt be sitting that long PERIOD
    secondly he didnt realize that was HIS fault if i sit, i idle and i dont give a good god #### what they have to say about it
    i currently have my resume out with 2 other companies
    anyone thinking of joining this company... DONT
    i could think of many other good reasons, but i dont want to bore you with a 12 page report on them
    take my word for it, NOT WORTH YOUR TIME OR ENERGY

5. hal698

hal698 Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Houston Texas
    If it was just two miles, why didn't you walk or get a taxi? Not trying to be a smart#$$.

6. 18wheelrkatlady

18wheelrkatlady Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Lake Placid, Florida
    You can sometimes call dispatch and ask to drive on personal time for a few minutes. We did that when I was out on the road with him. We were about 10 miles from the truckstop and they let us drive it. The dispatcher knew he had me on the truck with him, so maybe that was why.

7. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    I love this attitude best working attitude ever. You will surely do well in this business with the MEMEME YOUR FAULT MEMEME attitude. Far as I can tell you wasted Werner's time and energy from that post sheesh:biggrin_25510:

8. mademistakesb4

mademistakesb4 Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I dont see it as a memememe attitude I see it as an average Werner driver, not everyone has the good times you have experienced and dont an attack on him like that saying he was a waste of werners time and energy and the comment about him doing well in this business were uncalled for

9. Nuclear03

Nuclear03 Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Danville, IL
    In my experience I have to disagree with just about every point here... I'll compare the posters views to what I see out here on the road with werner.

5. Yes, the paperless logs will give you an incorrect duty status, sometimes quite often. I have never not had a harmful incorrect duty status NOT corrected.

4. Road breakdown is absolutely terrible with 1 or 2 exceptions, those being A) if your TCU is malfunctioning you bet your gonna get a response ASAP. B) PM requests for over the road usually go through very quickly. I never have a problem getting ahold of my day guy unless he is sick, or hung over. The exception being if he went to the john or is in a meeting, in which case it's call back in 5 min or so. QC msgs during the day, if I've got signal, I get an answer back right away.

3. Starting pay sucks....But as starter companies go, I'm paid for every mile, and I ALWAYS make my mileage bonus of some sort Min. 9500 miles/month

2. I'm out 2 weekends / month, I have averaged 11,600 Miles per month since april. November was huge, but I stayed out 11/1 - 11/26 racking up almost 13k

1. I chat with my day guy all the time. Whenever I'm through Omaha and have a little time we always grab lunch at the cafeteria, and he pays. One of our night guys I also have a very good relationship with and chat with him on a pretty regular basis. Honestly I'm surprised between my day guy and one of the night guys we haven't gotten warned about "Excessive QC Messages"

I'm not trying to say anything negative about the previous poster or anyone else, just that I have had very different experiences with werner. I'm not going to post truck number or anything else, but I do run Eastern TCU division and I do fine.

As for the students not getting trucks right out of training : Your trainer and his FM can help with that, It's much easier to get assigned right out of training to your final trainer's board than it is to go through placement. Assuming you would qualify for that account based on where you lived.

10. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    No they were not, try rereading the "I DONT CARE NOT MY PROBLEM THERE PROBLEM BLAH BLAH" lines again. That is exactly whats being weeding out in the slow down right now. That kind of thought would be unacceptable anywhere. If you are unhappy where you work quit and find a new source of employment. Don't run up costs in some vengence factor. People who are unhappy sometimes sell fuel too, also unacceptable.

Lets try a normal 9-5 mcd's job. Your hours get cut back. So in this case because you are making less its okay then to 'hurt' mcdonalds by stealing, wasting product, and having a poor attitude toward your coworkers and customers?

The fact is simple, if he's exhibiting this nature over a internet forum, it is highly likely its the same sort of attitude he was displaying when dealing with dispatch, and when you have 60 trucks on your board, and 59 loads, regardless of what company is, driver with attitude problem is probably gonna sit. Especially if 59 of the trucks are tenured.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.