This has been a bad year at Walmart.

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by BackIsSore, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Hotrod81

Hotrod81 Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2016
    Good luck to us all.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    I don't work at wal-mart,but I have a tenant who
    Is a manager at a wal-mart super center.
    He's worried, says they aren't hiring anymore full-time
    Employees. They only hiring part time.
    They also plan on cutting out 2 or 3 manager
    Positions at the stores,which means him.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
    They hire part time because then they don't have to pay the employee any benefits.

6. drozzer69

drozzer69 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Spring, TX
    " It doesn't look like Walmart is ever expanding their fleet."

Why are we still hiring drivers then and don't say it's to replace retiring drivers. Our pool here has increased since I hired on. 134 was that number. We are currently at 177, just got another requisition to add another 5 drivers. We have gotten 8 growth tractors and are getting another 3 from Plainview.

As far as the message from the hill, I see changes are coming. As far as us going the way of the dodo bird, don't think so. So we have dedicated fleets at HVDC's. All they do is go do groceries, maybe a backhaul and empty back. They are gonna use them like they do us. Why drive past a RDC when they can pull a store load just we do a hvdc load? Stores are still being built and they are still busy. The last hvdc that was open, hired private fleet drivers.

You all need to take a step back and wait. Stop looking at the glass half empty. If you want Walmart to go down the same road as k mart, then yes keep everything the same, burn as much of your money as possible. Retail competition is not for the faint of heart anymore. I don't completely agree with all the changes that have happened or may happen down the line. Jist my two pennys.

Tom, sorry about your shoulder. Didn't know you retired. No one said why you were gone.

7. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Don't have to pay the part-timers benefits.

Typical monolithic behavior: Cut the bottom while the fat-cats at the top stay.... well.... fat.

Mike2633 and foggy Thank this.
  8. TomOfTx

TomOfTx Road Train Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    Thanks Matt. It was not an easy decision. After nearly 18 months, 4 surgeries, and numerous painful physical therapy sessions, I decided that if I cannot be a safe and productive driver, I would retire. Walmart was very generous with the amount of medical leave I was granted, which was nearly 18 months, and for that I will be forever grateful.

I am doing a bit better today after I began receiving physical therapy treatment from the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota last month. Their approach to healing has been much better than what I was receiving previously, which I felt was too aggressive and prolonged my injury. Hindsight is 20/20.

9. buckskin76

buckskin76 Light Load Member

May 1, 2015
    In well said

Ironhead2542 and drozzer69 Thank this.
  10. Triumph 1

Triumph 1 Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2014
    To tom of tx , i would like to reccomend class 4 laser therapy, ive had neck surgery & get laser done as much as possible & it has helped quite a bit

11. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    Walmart will eventually be just a local neighborhood type store. I believe Amazon will doze them over like Walmart did the mom and pop stores

I buy more and more on Amazon as it's an easy no hassle experience

My 20 year old kid shops online for almost everything as well

Once the grocery delivery business gets a little more perfected we won't have any reason to ever go to Walmart

lagbrosdetmi, MorphEQ and Mike2633 Thank this.
  12. TomOfTx

TomOfTx Road Train Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    Thanks for the feedback. I have been undergoing laser therapy in the past month and have seen a huge improvement in pain reduction. I am also using FAR Infrared Therapy at home that is working well. I am more optimistic about healing now compared to months past. The pain meds and steroid injections I received in the past were ineffective for me, so I dropped their use many months ago.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  13. Triumph 1

Triumph 1 Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2014
    I have also heard of mls laser therapy, which i have not had a chance to try, but have heard good things
    I believe the. Laser therapy will help with your healing

TomOfTx Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs