THIS is how you get fired from western express!

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by superpet39, Mar 16, 2014.

1. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    How are you doing over there at Western Express

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    Surviving. Tractor won't pass a DOT inspection and the company won't fix it... only reason I even roll in it is because I gotta eat. Even if it's just ramen once a day. As soon as I finish my 4 months of hell, I'm onto bigger and better things. System Transport said they'd take me once I finished getting my year of previous experience in

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Alright, just Relax, What are they not fixing to pass a DOT inspection?
    Are you not able to drive?

Other than that- Are you taking my advice? Keep your nose Clean- And be available to work,Without complaint.
    If you remember, I spoke to a guy that works there and he said he was doing good.....

Id like to know whats broke on your truck that they wont fix....

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I absolutely loved the OP's single thought:

"I am trapped in a 100 mph Company who likes to govern their actual trucks to 62."

If I had a truck falling apart, wont pass DOT exam and so forth I would have quietly engineered a catastrophic failure requiring a tow and dealer work. All I had to do is let out 2 some gallons prior to the most steepest worst mountain pull I can find. Then put the pan bolt tight and get going uphill.

And if they are the company I expect them to be That DVIR report will be filled out as repaired plural and counter signed for a formality to meet DOT regs.

6. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I like to know too.

Im getting ready to play counsler here. I don't want anyone to get angry due to being neglected by the company.

stayinback Thanks this.
  7. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    Remember a while back, I made a comment in another thread about my secondary tank holding 0 pressure with no low air warning or tractor protection valve pop off? Yeah, I told them about it. Official response essentially amounted to "we don't care." It's also since picked up a couple more tire problems, and I can already tell that at least 2 of my brakes aren't working properly based on the odd wear I'm seeing in my pre and post trip inspections... other than alerting them of the trucks condition and attempting to get repairs, I've been quiet. Accept what comes across the Qualcomm, drive my clocks dry, and generally keep to my own lane. I've gotten lucky that I haven't been inspected, given that we don't have transponders in the trucks, but I don't count on that luck holding... IDK. Maybe the guy you talked to was one of the favored few, Stayin. Probably even based out of Nashville, got one of the nice CLEAN tractors with all their parts and original set of mirrors. But being based out of Bloomington, CA... I can see how this company got its reputation as a joke

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    LilRedRidingHood and x1Heavy Thank this.
  8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You have a impossible issue.

You have essentially for all purposes and intents declared that your vehicle is OOS as it sits with those defects.

Let me take a moment and remind you how much do you value your freedom from prison if you hurt someone or killed a family with a semi that broken? Especially with the knowledge your company dont give a ####. And has not for some time.

Thats not acceptable risk to you. Your company is NOT acceptable either.

I need to sit and think on this tonight before I shoot off my mouth and cause a mod to think some how I am drunk posting or something. (Im not...) But my thoughts range from DOT, FMCSA protection for a truck severely out of compliance with Pretrips and actually OOS conditions times three while your company does not give a ####. All the way up to your Home State's Dept of Labor once they get the documentation of the Federally required to repair defects that causes your rig to be unsafe and unable for you to continue to safely do your job driving to make the money you require to feed your family.

Personally Ive got a few other really drastic thoughts in hand because your company does not give a ####. Why should I? Maybe drive into Dumfries full of Federals at DC south and invite them to inspect the (*&^ out of it and bury your do not give a #### company in piles of tickets and necessary OOS for you. Oh so sad. Or pull into a dealership and say this, that and other is busted, broken, kaput, not DOT legal right now. Fix me.

Find a hotel room it will be a week until they do. At that point they WILL give a ####### about that repair bill. Defend your position with DVIR papers counter signed as fixed and legal to drive etc.

LilRedRidingHood Thanks this.
  9. Zeustruckingllc

Zeustruckingllc Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2021
    Everywhere
    Western express is hell they have me sitting blocking a parking lot my airline broke and I can fix it but won't give me ok to bobtail to get part trailer brakes deployed can't move trailer

10. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Jesus ####, call an Uber.

11. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Why'd you delete your post on my profile, bro? Tad ashamed? Stick to anime.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.