This ticket I have is a nightmare

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TurtlesLikeI, May 25, 2017.

1. TurtlesLikeI

TurtlesLikeI Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Nevada
    I got a ticket over 3 years ago. Paid it and tossed it in the bin. Not smart, but live and learn. I then applied to a company and they wanted more information on the ticket. Location, speed, etc., which I didn't know. I began a week long process of trying to figure out where I was at the time (as bad luck would have it, I was traveling to a small town I had never been before to take my ex to a doctor appointment) and called dozens of courthouses and police departments in all the counties and towns leading up to my destination. Nothing. Nobody could even point me in the right direction for the format of the citation, which started with a P (some thought it was a parking ticket but it was definitely a speeding ticket.)

Here I am again trying to get on with Schneider and while the recruiter didn't make too big of a deal about the ticket, I'm worried I'll get thrown out of orientation if I can't find exact details about it. I paid $60 for a full fledged pre-employment background check on myself... and it's not listed anywhere, apparently the county that issued the ticket doesn't report it to whatever database they were pulling records from. The only place it seems to exist is my 10 year driving record, and even then it's almost as if the cop reported it with the details missing. The offense code (S93) is a generic for speeding with no indication of speed. The state shows TX and the court just says 200, but I can't find anything that translates court numbers into anything feasible for contact.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas? I've called DMV, DPS, courthouses, police departments, several different highway patrols and I'm just out of ideas here. It was a pretty bad ticket, think it cost me like $350 to pay online, but I don't remember what the mph overage was.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Schneider is strict on tickets. Some companies only ask for speeding tickets within the last 3 years. Some speeding tickets, such as 15 mph over the speed limit, are considered reckless driving by trucking companies such as Schneider and the ticket must be over 5 yrs. old.If you can't remember how fast you were driving, maybe better go with another company that cuts slack on tickets like that.

bobtrucks2204 Thanks this.
  4. RedRover

RedRover Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    Whatever company said no is required by law to send you whatever negative information had an adverse effect on their decision not to hire you.

tscottme and bobtrucks2204 Thank this.
  5. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Have you called your own insurance company? They will be able to see it...

6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Go to the DMV and get a copy of your MVR.

7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    That's easy to find, pay for a through background check of your driving record from a legit (not internet) investigation service and they can pull the record for you.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That has to be requested in writing. And if you find that a company has you black listed you have a whole another set of issues.

Back to the ticket. It's going to have to age out of your system, 5 years or more. Also as stated above by others, 15 or more over is extremely crazy with 18 wheeler and not acceptable to some companies. Never mind my conflicts when they find me at 70+ over on the truck computers lol way back in the day.

Get your previous rejection information request in writing. You should get the information that presented a root cause of your problem.

In extreme sitaution have a PI examine you with a proper formal check and whatever it is in there during your life time will be dug up.

9. TurtlesLikeI

Oct 13, 2015
    Nevada
    I wasn't rejected from anything over the ticket, I just wasn't able to supply more details when requested over the phone and didn't bother contacting the recruiter again when I wasn't able to find any. The ticket was in a personal vehicle if that matters, this would be my first time driving a CMV outside of trucking school.

10. TurtlesLikeI

Oct 13, 2015
    Nevada
    Is that any different from the 10 year history you can print up online? Because, like I said, I did that, and it's not helpful because the details are very vague.

11. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    That's right this happened 3 yrs ago.I don't know if a MVR check goes back that far.If you could only remember what county you got the ticket in.If the recruiter wanted to she could just look it up because once you do find all the needed info recruiter will look it up anyway.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.