Those #### bobtails...

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by drivingmissdaisy, Oct 16, 2019.

1. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    I agree! And if we park out of the way; in a yellow striped area, in the car park area of a truckstop, what the heck do we do when the truckstop police come and knock on my door telling me 6 hours into my break, I have to move??? Just because I don’t have a trailer hooked to me doesn’t mean I’m not just as much a customer needing a safe spot to take my break as well as you...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    No way! I don’t believe this and if it’s true Loves corporate would not allow this.. I fuel at Loves and if I stop and have to bobtail park at that Loves the GM had better not make me move to make room for anybody else UNLESS he has an open bobtail parking space for me! I don’t believe this post at all!

FlaSwampRat, Tb0n3, tinytim and 2 others Thank this.
  4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Well, at least I'm not making up crap about a truck stop kicking out bobtails, so who is the one that can't be argued with? At least I don't have to make stuff up.
    And again, show me a legal place to park I'll be more than happy to. I can't recall the last time I saw a bobtail in a full spot where there were other options. Oh I'm sure it happens, but I know it's rare. Most of the time a bobtail is in a full spot it's because there are no other legal spots.

And don't tell me to park illegally. I'll tell you the same thing, and since I was here first, I get to choose the spot first.

FlaSwampRat, Tb0n3, D.Tibbitt and 4 others Thank this.
  5. Coffey

Coffey Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2019
    Can't be argue against? I remember one of your early post saying if you seen someone do it you would vandalize there truck it's seems to me that you think your correct and everyone worng if the don't agree with you period now I never drive bobtail unless something getting fix but if you can't put yourself in someone else's shoes and understand that not everyone what to take a risk of being towed, interrupted or force to move and restart there clocks again just so people won't complain about them taking a spot then all I can say is good luck next time your bobtailing and remember what you said here and go somewhere else.

6. Coffey

Coffey Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2019
    (deleted)(thought about it and figure I should delete it)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    homeskillet, laaylor and starmac Thank this.
  7. LoSt_AgAiN

LoSt_AgAiN Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2018
  8. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    Pro tip. Don't get into arguments with idiots unless you want to look like one yourself.

9. Coffey

Coffey Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2019
    Your right I should just go back to snooping though and not post to much

starmac and PoleCrusher Thank this.
  10. LoSt_AgAiN

LoSt_AgAiN Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2018
    There isn’t a driver on here that would bypass the very last open spot in a truckstop if they are low on hours and there’s no other option to park a bobtail. Of course it’s best to be courteous and leave the full size spots for those with a trailer. But if that’s the very last option available then it’s FCFS.

starmac, tinytim, ZVar and 1 other person Thank this.
  11. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    What's the saying "Don't mud wrestle a pig. You both just get covered in mud, but the pig likes it."

Oh, keep posting. Just don't let internet rambo's bait you into getting into trouble with the mods.

Coffey, PoleCrusher and LoSt_AgAiN Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.