Thoughts on Gordon

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by TruckerScott, Jan 24, 2009.

1. nicnat2

nicnat2 Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    sin city
    Yeah I think they train there and in Wash. on the west coast...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. zeroswife

zeroswife Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Washington
    By now you are already in orientation but I used to work for GTI and I can tell you that this company is the best of the best when it comes to companies but with that comes very high expectations. They will be watching you at all times and they will have no problems calling you out when you do something wrong. Just like any company they have their dispatchers who are big pains and will try to push you to do runs when you are out of hours or do something impossible just so they can get the load taken care of. This is standard for any company though but the good thing about GTI is when you have a DM down your back trying to push you never be afraid to go to the safety department they will back you 100%. As a newbie just pay close attention to what you are being told there because you need to do it their way not anyone elses because anyone elses is not to their standards to be completly honest. Good luck I would like to hear from you how things are at GTI I have not been there for a couple years but I'm sure not much has changed.

4. ductapensuperglu

ductapensuperglu Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Knox, IN
    Hey nicnat2, you went to orientation with GTI on the 17th. I was just wondering how did it go?

I am accepted for orientation and I am supposed to check in with GTI each week while they try to find a non-smoking trainer near Northern Indiana. I told them I would take a smoker if it got me in sooner.

5. ductapensuperglu

ductapensuperglu Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Knox, IN

2/25/09 I am now set for orientation on the 3rd of March, just have to go up north a bit and get a new DOT physical. (Apparently a dead man could pass the physical at the CDL Mill I went to so mine is no good lol)

6. CornerCarver

CornerCarver Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2007
    running a twisty road
    Good luck and welcome aboard, I think you will like it here. They have been very good to me so far. Be safe

ductapensuperglu Thanks this.
  7. SoCalharley

SoCalharley Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2009
    san berdino,ca
    Have not heard from any of the newbie's lately how is it going?

8. sw1241

sw1241 Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    They must be working extra hard

9. nicnat2

Oct 26, 2008
    sin city
    Yep we're working hard...lol. Well I got home for a couple days before I go to my last part of orientation..I just completed my training and had a great trainer. I learned that driving in the real world is much different then in school...:biggrin_25526:I have not seen anything really pushed on us and they always let us know that there is freight if we want it. My trainer gets home on the weekends and he does take some runs on the weekends if they ask. I'm not sure how many trainers they have but do know that 2 other guys went home when we at our first orientation...They didnt have any trainers coming in. I'm sure by now they're on the road. My trainer has shown me the right way to do things and makes me do it perfect everytime...Like backing into a spot, the truck needs to be aligned perfect between the lines..I can understand because some of the other drivers are way too lazy. When they don't care, it makes it kinda tight for other drivers to park. His perfection rubs off....lol. The hardest part has been being away from my family...

10. SoCalharley

SoCalharley Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2009
    san berdino,ca
    Which fleet are you going to run? That is always the hardest part of being a trucker being away from your family

11. nicnat2

Oct 26, 2008
    sin city
    I'm going to be on the General US Fleet...11 state western...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.