Thoughts on Mclane company?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Roger03_, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    There is a reason that over 90% of new drivers in this industry wash out in the first year. Most don't even make it 3 months. Many in the younger generations simply don't want to work. I have worked my ### off since I was 15. I was raised with the philosophy of: Do you want to eat? Better get a effing job.

HaglerFan, 77fib77, Cowboyrich and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020
    The problem is you can make as much with a good company as you can at McLane, at least in Colorado. Hell, if you're willing to do physical work then you can make 2-3x what you do at McLane just starting in the oilfield, and you won't have to work off the clock to get it done.

77fib77 and TravR1 Thank this.
  4. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    I prefer older partners for two reasons... they generally work better, more consistently, and their work quality is better. The other reason is they are more laid back, they aren't out to prove anything and most realize they don't know everything.

I don't do 6-week training, just loading procedures and paperwork. But I've trained new young guys that will make it feel like they are the ones training me. Lol

I've heard all kinds of interesting things from young guys.

77fib77, Dockbumper and SoulScream84 Thank this.
  5. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Tried to train some young kids in the construction trades for years. The two most common things out of their mouth. " I KNOW" and ...." I'VE ALWAYS DONE IT THIS WAY". Most common words out of my mouth......." Get off my job site". Don't even get me started on getting to the job site on time. I eventually gave up. Worked mostly alone:rolleyes::mad:

77fib77 and SoulScream84 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.