throttle pedal problem

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by dismag, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Chuy77

Chuy77 Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2018
    Did anybody was able to figure out the problem?

2. Sera

Sera Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Hey dismag, i have the same problem in my truck, how you fixed? Please helpme

3. Sera

Sera Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Dismag how you fixed? Please let me know

4. Concrete FX

Concrete FX Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2019
    So here we go, I am not a mechanic I just own some trucks for my concrete business and work on them myself. I do not always have a reason for the things I do other than an educated guess buuuut: I figured out the reason I was getting this engine light was sometimes when you let off the accelerator pedal there would be no voltage at the plug for the tps so I took off the tps with the two screws drilled the hole out in the tps 2 sizes bigger with my index bit set (not sure what size bit but will try to remember to check). Then I started the screws and used a piece of zip tie cut in half to shim the hole so I clocked the tps maybe 1/6-1/8 forward so it was kinda like the pedal was barely pressed and so far I have 100 miles with no problem when before I could go about 12 feet. Now I'm sure if you click it to far (if that is possible given the limitations of the hole you can make) you would have a range inhibit problem but so far it works
    Try at your own risk but it has worked for me but like I say I am a certified professional amateur shadetree YouTube mechanic at best.
    Good luck

5. Concrete FX

Concrete FX Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2019
    I should have said drilled the HOLES meaning both mounting screw holes

6. caboverLB

caboverLB Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2019
    I have a 1988 International 9700 cabover it has a 350 big cam Cummins my gas pedal will not come back up after you press it down Do I need a spring on and if so wear should it be Thank You for your help

7. caboverLB

caboverLB Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2019
    I have a 1988 International 9700 cabover it has a 350 big cam Cummins wean I push down on the gas pedal it will not come back up is there a spring that needs to be replaced if so where would it be

8. Foskar2001

Foskar2001 Bobtail Member

May 17, 2019

9. Foskar2001

Foskar2001 Bobtail Member

May 17, 2019
    I had the same issue..I both the sensor and replaced it..and still same problem..but just before I spend another $900 on the pedal I took it to the dealer where they found a wire from ECM to the pedal was bad..

flood and Newto Trucking Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.