Tight Backing

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by fr8te_sh8ker, Sep 8, 2013.

Do you take time to practice backing?

1. *

Yes

26 vote(s)
    74.3%
  2. *

No

10 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    Yeah, me too! Luckily the US Marshal saw I was having trouble and stopped traffic for me!

The freezer in SC, just north of the truckstop? I think they finally moved the fence, what a PITA!

I think his first post on here was
    Or mighty dang close to that.:biggrin_25513:

You know what's funny? You're doing the exact same thing hiding behind the computer!

You just barely know enough to be dangerous, and aren't nearly sharp enough to realize it. And that sad part? I know things about handling a truck that you never will, because you already know it all. It's nothing new, there's always been guys who know everything/ can do anything when they're talking. Funny thing is, they always seemed to find a reason to hang out the truckstop when things get really hairy, when you need to do more than hold it between the lines. Just like I told the no-chaining crowd, it's okay; we all know the real reason you're sitting. :biggrin_25511:

And BTW, more than a few of us make more than you would believe possible, up there on your mighty rockin' horse!:biggrin_2559:

He seems a tad mousy... whatcha y'all think?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ShootThis

ShootThis Medium Load Member

So,just how many backing accidents have you had?

fr8te_sh8ker Thanks this.
  4. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    I saw one slick back job last night sitting at the Love's at Clanton, AL . . . oversize (long) with some sort of military equipment dropped it into a spot with only two pull ups, and made it look #### easy in the process! Must have been there for the little driver's room, as he left about 10 minutes later.

5. Cowmobile

Cowmobile Medium Load Member

May 9, 2011
    The hammer lane....
    I'd like to put you in my tuck for a bit so you can back down some of the roads and hit some of the chutes I gotta hit, all with a 290" wb tractor and a 53', that'd nock you off that high horse real quick like, we'll see how much of an expert you are.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.