Tim Hortons

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by classicxl, Jan 21, 2023.

1. classicxl

classicxl Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2006

I believe line haul ad said it was nights which i’ve worked since 2008 and fine with . the being blamed every time some dumb ### hits your truck really concerns me through but it seems all these companies put the blame on the drivers shoulders now a days . I understand we all have to drive safe out there but sometimes things happen that’s out of our control especially with how the public drives around us on the roads . I couldn’t work for a company who nitpicks about every little thing . Kriska bad enough with the micromanaging calling you into safety every time something happens

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2021
    You'll probably get stuck with the worst stores to deliver to. The new guy always gets the crap.

4. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    I believe the car interaction issue often you see the trucks backed up sharing the drive through exit at my favourite timmies . PS many timmies suck at snow removal and lots are choppy snow pack .

5. classicxl

Dec 16, 2006

I’m hoping since i’ve applied for the line haul position the store deliveries will not be that offen but who really knows i guess that’s a question to ask

6. Condi

Condi Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2012
    I used to work for a company like that years ago. We delivered to BK, DQ, ESM, KFC...
    900-1000 cases every day down the ramp with a dolly. The high turn over is because in 2-3 years 90% of the guys go on disability due to herniated disks, worn out joints, knee problems, hernias. And We were all young at that time in mid 20-30s. I keep in touch and most of them have not recovered since then.

7. Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2021
    Tim Hortons doesn't deliver like that. It all comes off on a pallet using an electric pallet jack.

8. Phantom Trucker

Phantom Trucker Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Calgary, AB
    A coworker of mine left to go work for TDL. (In Calgary). Part of the employment terms were working in the warehouse one or two shifts a week. - You may want to inquire about that.

I’ve lost touch with the guy but apparently he’s moved on from there.

9. Ex-Trucker Alex

Ex-Trucker Alex Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2023
    I guess Tim Horton's wants to be really big on road safety. God knows, if Tim himself had been, he might be alive today....

10. classicxl

Dec 16, 2006
    I have a phone interview next monday and have questions for them before i will make a decision if i want to move forward. Main reason I’ve applied now is you don’t see line haul positions come up that often for them . I understand i would still be doing store deliveries but with doing line haul I would get to do different things also instead of just doing stores all the time . It’s nights which I prefer and a mon - thursday schedule and starts at $30 a hr . Ot not until after 80 hrs which sucks but all well it is what it is . $30 a hr a lot more then i make right now especially only working 8-9 hrs lately

here’s the ad

https://ca.indeed.com/cmp/Tim-Hortons/jobs?jk=8c7b1cbd81b0ffe6&start=0

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.