Time for a new job, Sugestions????

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by American-Trucker, Jul 31, 2012.

1. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    thought you meant take home after taxes a 1000-1100 a week. Thats not to hard to do then... I usually average 950-1150 a week, but the taxes kill you so I bring in any where from 630-850 a week after them

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Superquack

Superquack Medium Load Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Try tyson in monroe, tanks and i believe flats. Chicken business doesnt slow down. And if its anything like where i work, grossing 1k a week is easy, i did it in 4 days.

4. Pirate Trucker XOXX

Pirate Trucker XOXX Medium Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Orlando,Fl. & NC & VA
    Sorry! The local/ home town job isn't working out. I've been watching lots of your videos on youtube, honestly I just went to your channel and saw the link to here and all of this is really a shock to me, I know your getting tons of advice, but I do know for a fact, your not doing your reputation any favors by switching jobs so much, I understand the safety concerns, this tells me your smart and mature for your age. I don't know the details of the other problems with your current employer, but you REALLY need to do a little soul searching and find out what is the best thing for you, and for those who are important to you. I don't mean to sound like a" Dad" but here go's " A reputation is an easy thing to get, and dang hard to get rid of."

Best of luck, I'll be watching and listening.

Pirate Trucker XOXX

jamesd503 and Crazy37 Thank this.
  5. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    if lonestar isnt running hoods what are they gonna run? thats disappointing cause i was really gonna look into them in a few months

6. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Try the big LTL's you'll get a call back trust me. These companies don't care about job hopping. Do they care if you work hrs or run miles? Nope! It's a business. Drivers in this industry do it all the time til they find the right company. Just like foodservice you get canned the next company will pick you up a week later as long as your driving record is decent for Ins. reasons. LTL isn't much different. Otr is a different animal.

123456 Thanks this.
  7. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    As far as I've seen their running Pete 386 and 587's....Aero trucks.

Ethan

8. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

386 petes and they have a few old 387s that they dont like. And they are also getting KW T660s

American Trucker

9. THE ROOKIE

THE ROOKIE Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Buena Vista, GA
    Good because my so called bfi company wouldnt have you.

10. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Thats too bad i was really hoping they would keep the hoods

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  11. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    I was thinking of going to work for them once I had my year with Roehl but decided to stay where I'm at. Only reason I'll leave this job I have now is for a substantial pay raise or to drive a hood. Also considering buying a w900 or 9900ix, haven't decided which.

Ethan

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.