Time is money & all I do is sit & wait

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by willworkfouru, May 28, 2013.

1. Cman301

Cman301 Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Maryland
    If you have four years experience ,for gods sake get away from KLLM , they have been known as a ripoff for years, write this down to experience and move on!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chimp0344

chimp0344 Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Philadelphia, Pa.
    Thanks for this post. I'm sorry anyone has to go through this nonsense but appreciate hearing its not just me.

4. bama07football

bama07football Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2012
    everywhere but home
    number 1 problem i see is that he is southeast regional..i am otr and i never sit ....at all..except when i am on off-time...u cant make it on southeast regional as a l/p driver...midwest regional is the best regional for kllm....but i will stick with otr because i like the money

5. Rich635mustang

Rich635mustang Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Are you a company driver.?

6. roadrunner70

roadrunner70 Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Limbo
    This statement is not accurate when referring to the KLLM lease program. Yes, there ARE lease programs that exist solely to make money for the company, while giving very little to the driver. KLLM's lease program is not one of those.

There are drivers for KLLM that have paid off multiple trucks while driving for KLLM. At the same time, there are drivers that don't last a month on the lease program.

My advice to the OP is to go to Jackson and ask for a new DM. Then, talk to that DM and make sure they know that you don't want to sit. But, before you do that, please understand that running reefer almost always involves sitting at shippers and receivers. What you need to do is to get preplanned on a load before you drop your current load. That way you can keep moving. The way to get preplans is to make sure your DM always knows your ETA and that you expect a load once you are done.

I don't wait for loads. I get decent miles and I make money. No, I am still not a raving fan of KLLM, but it is getting better. If you do a search for my username, and look at my posts, you will see that I have had issues with KLLM. Getting miles has never been one of those issues.

Even with the lease payment and repairs, I make double what I used to make as a company driver. Now, if you are a company driver making more than 44 cents a mile and you consider leasing, then I might ask you what you are thinking. But, if you are a new driver who would only make 29 or 30 cents as a company driver, you can immediately get a pay raise my becoming a lease purchase driver. What you have to realize is that you can't sit at home and expect to make money. You have to save some of the money that you earn, and you have to make things happen - meaning you have to make sure you keep moving. You can't rely on others and let them determine your success.

It's irritating to see others make generic statements about lease purchase. Every company is different, and every driver is different. If you do the research, you will discover that KLLM's lease program is one of the best in the industry. If you continue to research, you will see that they have plenty of miles to give out. If they didn't, why would they keep paying $5000 to new drivers who lease? I'm sure some negative people will say that they need to keep filling the shoes of drivers who walk away. Yes, that is partly true, but they fire about 40 people a week for failing drug tests, accidents, safety issues and failing to perform the requirements of the job (like delivering on time). Of course, every driver you talk to is going to blame the company when you ask them why they left. They are not going to tell you the truth that it was their fault. Yes, there are exceptions to every rule, but for the most part, my claims are accurate.

Again, I'm not singing the praises of KLLM. All I'm saying is that the words I quoted at the top of my post are 100 percent false when it comes to the KLLM lease purchase program.

7. realsupatrucka

realsupatrucka Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    My family member on the way to orentation for Monday. ..any one know about the company driver side

8. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    GOSH! Double what you made as a company driver? Now you amke 12 cpm? LOL Just needleing. 98% of LPs are not worth the paper they are written on so I side with the generalization.

9. Rich635mustang

Rich635mustang Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Keep us updated when you hear from family member.

10. realsupatrucka

realsupatrucka Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    Will do...but idk how much good it will do...he claims he is getting on the tyson chicken dedicated account

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.