Time management

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by buckawsomeshot, Dec 5, 2019.

1. buckawsomeshot

buckawsomeshot Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2019
    Shoot you here some of these guys talk it sounds you don’t have time do do anything but drive and sleep.

Woodys, tinytim and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. UnkownHorse

UnkownHorse Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2019
    MO
    I’m more of a lurker and reader. Just another internet nobody...
    But are you dead set on over the road? The reason I ask. Is the kind of money you said you’d been happy with might be more inline with a job driving a dump truck for a municipality, county or even state maintenance position. Like highway,road, street repair, etc.. or maybe a rock quarry?

I don’t know.. just a random thought from a random guy.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  4. Roguefox

Roguefox Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2013
    I was thinking seasonal at UPS or something similar. Maybe a smaller company wanting a relief driver for guys that are on vacation.

5. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Deliver auto parts or work at home depot lol. Both will get you at clearing 1k a wk with your pension.

Mototom and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  6. buckawsomeshot

Dec 3, 2019
    I want to see more of the country. And honestly hauling dirt is where i want to end up. But I Wana see some things first.
    I actually have a interview in 3 weeks with a pipeline repair company running a truck hauling equipment to the job sight the working as a welders helper/laborer for $1000 a week plus per diem but the military has taught me to have a back up plan to the back up plan. And if for some reason that doesn’t work out then I want to have as much information as possible to make a informed decision and not have to jump at the first thing that comes my way. That’s how guys end up lease operators for Navajo.

FlaSwampRat and magoo68 Thank this.
  7. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    I didnt read the whole thread, but someone recently posted "Im not to serve the log book, the log book is here for me".

Remember that. If you end up driving, you learn how to manipulate even an eld and how much time things take, which is always longer in a truck.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  8. 401-Alex

401-Alex Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Wow.... I've rolled 500 in under 8 on lots of days... I'm 99% of the time on the drive line or off duty wtf would waste on duty time with the silly stuff the OP started this with. I love to drive at 12 am to 6 or so take a 3 he nap off duty or sleeper berth don't care what one then after morning commute rush hour roll out the rest of my drive time feeling great. I'm good for a solid 650-700 depending on region and load weight per day

9. buckawsomeshot

Dec 3, 2019
    I will give a lil back brief of why I asked the questions I did. I asked a simple question if anyone fished in their off duty time in another thread. I was met of a bunch of responses that basically said there’s no time for that because you will be on duty 14 hours a day too busy doing a whole bunch of extra crap that it would be impossible to find a spot or have time. So I’m just curious is everyone just a slave to their cab just to earn a living or are people just bad at managing their time. Like I said I don’t need to make 2k a months I just Wana see some country.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  10. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    I’m OTR it depends. Some days I work no more then 9hours. Others I do 12+
    some days I pull over to nap, play games or what ever but only when I have the extra time and can not deliver early (%*%]^ Walmart, paper mills, steel mills, rubber company’s out East)
    Learn to run, learn to take up ground, keep the door closed and suddenly you’ll find yourself with all the time in the world. Then one day you’ll take a wrong turn after working hard for extra time only to take a 4 hour 150 mile detour eating up all that time.
    Sometimes you get the day, sometimes the day gets you.

11. buckawsomeshot

Dec 3, 2019
    kinda what I was thinking. Like I said I don’t need to earn a ton and really I just want to see some country and fish some new holes. But I can’t exactly tell my wife yea I Wana cruise to Montana and fish the Yellowstone or what ever but if someone is paying me to take a load of something to Bozeman then what’s a couple hours of down time gona hurt.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.