Time to Leave Trucking to there own Devices

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Truckeragianslowwage, Mar 8, 2019.

1. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    The union is pretty clear on the HOS. We don't want to be worked to death.

Although...someone needed to have that talk with ABF. That place was a death sentence.

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
  4. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    Oh, and as for the pension...multi-employer pension funds were a mistake. I'll freely admit that.

Hopefully something can be worked out, but there's certainly no guarantee.

5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    And that's a valid fear of unions many people have. The larger the organization, the greater the likelihood of malfeasance - either intentional or otherwise.

Magically unionizing the entire industry won't solve our problems. It will solve some while creating others. Which devil do we dance with?

Lonesome and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  6. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    After spending 8 years in dispatch, I learned that running hard never gets you anywhere. The driver’s that were always “running hard” and always trying so hard to get 3k miles a week were always the least happy. There’s plenty of bad companies out there, but there are some gems to be found. It’s hard to be happy with one of the big guys. Too many trucks and not enough freight. Sometimes I get annoyed with running my authority but then I see people getting treated like crap and the same ol’ lines from dispatch, and I’m glad I have it.

7. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    I will dance with the devil that gets me higher pay and better benefits.

Texas_hwy_287 and superflow Thank this.
  8. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    Here’s an idea. Ask OOIDA why they won’t back a strike lol

9. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Although...someone needed to have that talk with ABF. That place was a death sentence.[/QUOTE]

was that ABF line haul ? Or city ?

LtlAnonymous and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  10. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I’m one of those that will never join these movements. There’s a lot of them out there right now crying about everything. The problem is that there are plenty of fleets, owner operators, and company drivers doing great. The crybabies want to the government to step in and take away my competitive advantage so they can go on operating like it’s the good ol days.
    If you can’t be successful by negotiating rates, running legal, or overcoming your obsession with pre emission trucks, your failure is your own doing, not the brokers, the ATA, or the DOT.
    As far as respect, truck drivers brought it upon themselves. Accidents are rising, most guys out here are complete slobs, wear clothes I would only wear as pajamas, can’t obey a speed limit, drive aggressive, stage protests because they can’t get their way, have no loyalty to a carrier (high turnover), don't do a simple pre trip, and then these same groups complain about the need for autonomous trucks?
    My goal is to haul for the cheapest price and earn the greatest profit; that’s how business works.

11. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    And when you don’t join in with all the complaining then you’re an eld lover and all that.

The good thing about America is that if you don’t like your current situation you have the ability to change it. You don’t have to work for a mega that treats you like dirt. You have the ability to go elsewhere and better your situation. But it’s easier to cry and try and change the rules.

superflow, JoeyJunk, Vic Firth and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.