Tipping at Subway ?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by RickG, Dec 25, 2009.

1. IH Scout

IH Scout Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2007
    Greer SC
    I do not and will not tip at Subway or any other fast food chain located in or out of a fuelstop. Pilot should not allow a sign to go up at any of the Subways located inside their fuelstops. I complained at the Pilot fuelstop in Crossville TN about the watered down mustard in the dispenser and nobody would reply, they just looked at me. I told them it proved what the drivers already knew,..Pilot doesnt value the trucker at all,.still no reply,..and the 2 guys behind the counter were managers. I told them as I was leaving that the least they could do was offer mustard to go packs to keep from having to eat watery mustard,..that got a "sorry" from them. Sorry you say ?,...yes,..sorry indeed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. A512

A512 Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2009
    nunya
    ILL BE GLAD TO SEE A STRIKE ONE OF THESE DAYS. Why doesnt about 1000 drivers

on here print out about 10k copys of a flyer announcing a strike and post them at

fuel pumps and in restrooms at every truckstop in the country?

I guess you got the problem of all the swift drivers who accept how they are treated.

4. LooneyTune

LooneyTune Just plain nuts

Sep 12, 2009
    Ottawa, Illinois
    How would I know? I don't eat fast food, that's junk plain and simple. I see another one who likes to assume. Well we all know what happens when people assume....

5. A512

A512 Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2009
    nunya
    Like assumeing i eat at wendys..

6. Jack Smithton

Jack Smithton Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2009
    so cal
    I've been there a few times in the last few months - If they added a "tip" to my bill I would have noticed . . .

7. Jack Smithton

Jan 1, 2009
    so cal
    If you are talking about the free 72-oz. steak place

8. Jack Smithton

Jan 1, 2009
    so cal
    I like it when they ask me if I "need any change":biggrin_25524:. I say, "Sure, bring it back." WTF??? It is my money until I decide whether I want to leave a tip. I was a bartender and never expected a tip. Some people tip, some can't/don't want to . . .

9. Jack Smithton

Jan 1, 2009
    so cal
    The fact that "some people are trying to earn a living" is not my problem. So are telemarketers and beggars. If the job isn't working out for you, don't demand money from me. QUIT.

10. Jack Smithton

Jan 1, 2009
    so cal
    I think I will put a tip jar in my cab and expect the receivers to tip me for delivering their load.

A512 Thanks this.
  11. Jack Smithton

Jan 1, 2009
    so cal
    Okay, let's think about this for a minute. If restaurants did what you suggested, and either raised server wages OR raised the price of the food to include a "standard" tip....what do you think is going to happen to the overall quality of your service? When your waitress no longer has any sort of incentive to give a flip about you, or whether or not your drinks are full? Your sit-down dining experience will become no different than dining at Burger King, with some half-stoned high schooler waiting tables and drooling on your table.

Your server is going to be paid THE SAME for every single table, no matter how good or how poor his/her service is. No drink refills, orders all wrong? Dry meat? Spit in your salad? Who cares? Without the tip system, there is no incentive for the server to give you a higher level of service. And if the food prices include the tip- essentially you are being FORCED to tip that person even if they gave you horrid service.

Works in Europe. Works in Australia.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.