Tips for keeping my windshield clean? Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by LimpyLegs, Jun 20, 2022.

1. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    For really stubborn bugs, a dobie works well and doesn't scratch the glass.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I 2nd the Dawn for the windshield. Any other dish soap is great in the summer time. I also 2nd the alcohol in the winter

RockinChair Thanks this.
  4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I used A really good application of Rainex in the summer as well as Rainex washer fluid. The bugs don't stick and are easy to get off. Downside is when a really big one splats right in front of you and the guts and stuffs slowly spread down the windshield.

5. PigPen68

PigPen68 Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2021
    In between your fuel stops, when I don’t have access to a squeegee and to keep me from popping the hood and doing all that climbing and using a buttload of paper towels, I keep a bottle of Windex handy and just reach out the door to spray the windshield, let it sit a couple mins, then turn on the wipers and washer fluid. If you’re so inclined, which I’m usually not, you can do the passenger side the same way. It works pretty good. Just remember, if it’s really hot out, you may have to apply one or two times because it evaporates quicker.

Maverick Griff Thanks this.
  6. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    I usually through summer...
    Wash windshield..
    Use 0000 ga steel wool to shave the windshield sorta speak....Do not add any amount of hand pressure,just its natural weight..
    Wash again to get off last bit of dirt and steel wool shaveings...
    Wax with high grade ceramic wax..
    In the winter tis gonna be a b@#ch to do that so get a small build up during the summer and cross your fingers..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.