Tips for tmc prospects.

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Mrredek, Dec 11, 2014.

1. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    Don't work for a company that has them...plenty out there. You being from Indiana have more options than most.

plankton Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    They dont have cameras in all of the trucks. I believe its something like 200 or so. And most of those who have them have them because they are screw ups. The guy previous to me had one and i was told he was a screw up. As far as whats settings yours off in the middle of a straight road at night, I dont know. Why dont you call Safety and ask them. I know what sets mine off, and I know for a fact they dont have access to the controls for mine.

4. Mrredek

Mrredek Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2014
    I talked about it to Josh and he said that at timed AND random intervals, the camera will record and send the video. Then they will check for any wrongdoing. Still pretty ######. I think if the truck is off, the camera should be deactivated.

5. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    You dont have a smart drive camera then. You have the OTHER camera. its grey with blue buttons and #### right? Kinda shaped like a triangle?

6. Mrredek

Mrredek Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2014
    I would say more squareish with the two blue button on the bottom

7. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    yep, you have the spot check camera. I have the one that is activated when i actually screw up. Then I can see where your upset about it. If I was you, I would be pushing to get a new truck

8. Mrredek

Mrredek Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2014
    I switched over to a day cab. Luckily no camera

9. FirNaTine

FirNaTine Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2008
    South Jersey
    TMC has always had a high turnover rate, a lot of the big trucking companies do. I for one wouldn't like a camera on in the truck but as the technology becomes cheaper and if insurance companies start requiring them they start putting them in everywhere. The saying, In the future the most valuable thing will be your privacy" is becoming true.

10. *Five-0*

*Five-0* Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Hey...I'm over here!

Cops and truck drivers. The government and public won't be happy until both are on camera 24/7 with no expectation of privacy - ever.

EdeBear Thanks this.
  11. DirtyJoe13

DirtyJoe13 Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Jacksonville, NC
    Gunner, thanks for the info on benefits and highlighting opportunities with ESOP. Where I'm at in a military career, I guess that's never been an option to consider. I've also always been a fly by the seat of your pants type, and preferred to have the money right now. I'll keep that in mind though if/when I get the opportunity to work for them and have the option.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.