Tire/Wheel Thread

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by BJnobear, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Jfaulk99

Jfaulk99 Road Train Member

May 16, 2009
    Couch
    I did make up my mind! Been running W900's and a handful of T800's since 1980 (was a mix of trucks before that).

I find it extremely hard to believe a daycab Vulva would do better than 7mpg and 7.5 mpg pulling the same 43' 80" high side hopper loaded to 80k.

Since you get what I've been saying, please comment on the pics I posted earlier. (I'll post them again just in case you forgot) What fuel mileage improvement would any of those guys see (myself included) by selling out and buying aero trucks? I'll be waiting.................

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can post more if you like.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mr. PlumCrazy

Mr. PlumCrazy Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Lexington NC
    OO!! OO!! Please Do :biggrin_2559:

4. Jfaulk99

May 16, 2009
    Couch
    Again......glazed right over the question. Imagine that!:biggrin_25522:

5. BJnobear

BJnobear Heavy Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    You wouldn't due to the weights you pull. In those conditions a long nose truck actually helps the engine perform better due to the airflow into the underhood area.

The improvements are seen in normal (80,000lbs and under) operations. Most engines and trucks are designed for hose operations. You are the exception to the rule.

Nice trucks BTW.:biggrin_255:

6. Jfaulk99

May 16, 2009
    Couch
    That's my point, some people understand that, and others do not (obviously). The idea that EVERYONE would benefit from an aero truck, or the notion that all classic styled trucks are horrible on fuel is laughable. I'm just trying to get Mr.PlumbCrazy to admit he's wrong. He's been reading too many magazine articles and listening to the CB radio too much.
    Thanks, the bottom truck isn't ours I just used it as an example of a load that would see zero benefit from a bubble truck.

I like to make as much money as everyone else. If the benefits of an aero truck would make any difference doing what we do I would own them. But we tried it with a T600 and it's like putting a fat girl in lingerie, not as good as advertised.

7. larry2903

larry2903 Heavy Load Member

Oct 18, 2009
    On the trails
    Got more info out of this thread before it became a "MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOUR'S" contest.:biggrin_25518:

8. end of the road

end of the road Heavy Load Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Northern Canada
    At least you know now who has the biggest.....ego. :)

Oh here is a new smiley I learned.

(.Y.)

9. alan del castillo

alan del castillo Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2018
    I have a fleet of 20 units with hankook dl07 tires in traction and I have problems with stone incrustations, alguein more have this kind of problems?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.