TITAN TRANSFER

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by firemedic2816, May 10, 2018.

1. firemedic2816

firemedic2816 Road Train Member

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    Signed up for Titan's July class
    So Excited

Okay I have been talking with Titan and Really impressed with what I have seen and heard. They have a terminal in West Chester Ohio which is a half hour from my house, as well as a terminal in Louisville Ky, which is were my inlaws live, so I could take home time at either location. Their training is 4 weeks IN CLASS Room, at which time you graduate WITH Your CDL, then you get assigned a trainer who you are with for 8 weeks, after that you get your own truck. They Run Freightliner and Kenworth T-680 WHICH I am FOND of. The trucks are 70 MPH and come with the bells and whistles. Starting pay is .37 CPM, average 2,800 a week or more. Was in Louisville over the weekend and stopped by the Terminal actually spoke to a driver and everything she confirmed everything the recruiter has said and really loves her job, she said she is was still a "Rookie" and only been with the company 15 years
    Training is in Shelbyville Tennessee, cost is $2500, once you get your own truck. They take the payment for school out of your paycheck for 9 months, then when it's paid back, every quarter you stay after that, they give you a check for 600 until they pay YOU back the $2500 so makes school "Free" Also something other schools don't do is, EVERYDAY when you show up, you are on the clock, Grant it it's only Minimum wage but it's for 40 hours a week, you get your first check the second week of school. Most places, you have to go through school first, then get on the truck with your trainer and usually AFTER your 2nd week you will start getting paid, so you have to be able to survive for essentially 5 weeks without pay. One down side is you have to provide your own Room and Board while there, HOWEVER, that being said they have a couple hotels in the area where you can get a room for $39/night, or they have a few people who OWN apartments you can rent for $100/Week. HAZMAT IS NOT REQUIRED but IF you have your HAZMAT you get $50 extra per load. So excited to get started, shooting for their July Class for a start. So should have my own truck by October, although hoping since I have a little driving experience with Millis I may be able to slide through faster but not going to sweat it.
    Stay Tuned for more as it comes

SHOJim, Vic Firth and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. firemedic2816

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    Needing to Purchase an inverter for the truck. Won't be getting it until probably Octish but want to try and get one earlier. I have a CPAP machine and need inverter for it. Also they provide TVs for Direct Tv for like $17/week. Also gonna put a fridge in. Would a 1500 W be sufficient of should I go with 3,000?
    Also where is the best place to buy one for a decent price? Thank You

Need4Speed and Lonesome Thank this.
  4. firemedic2816

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    ----- Quick update, was talking to my recruiter the other day about some things he said "Kevin you know what might help you, I can sit here all day and ramble off my "Sch-peal" about why Titan is a great company, why don't you call a couple of our drivers and talk to them, see WHY they chose Titan and WHY they stay" Mind you I have already committed 100% , of all the companies I have talked to NONE of them offered to give me drivers numbers to actually TALK to someone DOING it and not sitting behind a desk. So I called a couple of the drivers and everyone said pretty much the same thing "It's a great company, and when you start day one of class you are given a list of EVERYONE in the office, from the Mechanic to the CEO personal Cell Numbers, and we will be more then welcome to call ANY of them at ANYTIME.
    I found out on the plus side, we will be training on the stick so there will not be any restrictions on our CDL, but ALL their trucks are Auto-Shift Cascadia and a few KW.
    Day one of class you walk in and essentially punch a time clock while you are IN the classroom, you are getting paid. Making about $300/Week, and then when you get with your trainer you move up to $.18 a mile and ONLY the student drives. NO Sleeping in the bunk while the other drives. If you are behind the wheel and they are rotating the trainer is sitting next to you. So by the end of your 8 weeks you will have a little better feel for how to make all this work.
    Talked to one of the drivers Friday and he asked me something NO ONE had ever asked me before. "Why are you wanting to be a driver?" (I love traveling and driving, might as well get paid to do what I love right) "2ndly What are your goals?" Long term and short term?"....(I would like to pay off my house, told him what I owe, and pay off my car, Long term would love to be able to buy some rental property in Orlando.
    Excited to start. Passed my DOT Physical with ease, got a 1 year certificate because I have sleep apnea, in few weeks going to take my CDL Permit test. Then July off to make my life for my family better.

Thank you for following....Will continue to update when I have new info

SHOJim Thanks this.
  5. icecold24k

icecold24k Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2015
    Tullahoma, Tennessee
    Goodluck at Titan Transfer and definitely keep the updates coming as I am interested in hearing more about them. I live near one of their terminals in Shelbyville Tn and they seem like a pretty solid company. I haven't heard anything negative about them.

firemedic2816 Thanks this.
  6. firemedic2816

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    Will do Thank you, once I get my own truck gonna start doing youtube videos, will do a couple while I'm in class

7. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Toney, AL
    The trainer I worked with at Titan was Jeremy Hill, one of the best in my opinion... probably not close enough for you, and he lives 30 or so minutes from Shelbyville.

8. firemedic2816

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    Who knows, getting excited, class is just around the corner, will update when I can. Suppose to take my cdl permit last week but KY requires you to submit your medical card and stuff ON LINE and wait up to 48 hours to take the test so hoping by Wednesday of this week

DRAGON64 Thanks this.
  9. DRAGON64

Aug 1, 2016
    Toney, AL
    Good luck on your testing today!

10. firemedic2816

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    Sadly Kentucky SNAFU'D my paper work so have to take it tomorrow, they said they couldn't read my Medical Card so I had to wait for them to open, resubmit my paper work, call them to tell them it had been reuploaded and wait for them to find it and add it to my profile, they of course called AFTER I had gotten to work...Oh well this to shall pass

DRAGON64 Thanks this.
  11. DRAGON64

Aug 1, 2016
    Toney, AL
    Any update on your progress?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.