TITAN TRANSFER

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by firemedic2816, May 10, 2018.

1. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    I’m glad you went with Titan. I talked to several of their drivers when they were running Nissan. No shortage of miles, trucks will roll, they were taking their trucks home, and making a nice check. Seems like a pretty decent company.

DRAGON64 and firemedic2816 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. firemedic2816

firemedic2816 Road Train Member

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    August 13

What an AMAZING DAY woke up at 0530 took a shower, and had breakfast, did a little bible reading which I need to do MORE of, got to school early, update my DOT LOGS, and went out driving first thing, today wasn't so much about getting the miles in but making turns within the "City" another thing I struggled with at Millis, feeling A TON Better about it now more confident, my instructor told me something the other day that really helped...NO ONE ELSE MATTERS, They are gonna get mad at you for moving slow and taking up a lot of room but they will get around it and get over it, once I realized that controlling the truck SAFELY was far more important then other people driving...We got back to the yard and after struggling Friday with the Alley Dock, I really was worried about it today, but after a great study session of the GOOD BOOK, I prayed about it, got into the truck, did straight back no issues, right sided off set backing NAILED IT, pulled around and set up for the alley dock....NAILED IT, first time, rest of the day hit ALL My maneuvers 100% only had to use the pull up once and we get 2 free ones. Finished off with doing a pre-trip inspection and nailed that 100%. Yes to those of you who have been doing this for years, these are simple maneuvers to do, but I had been struggling a lot last week with ALL OF THIS. Was given some pointers Friday to help, and found out I wasn't stretching it out far enough before starting, so once I pushed it out farther, the set up was easier and backing became easier. Just have to remember small adjustments on the wheel will make that big rig do things, BUT you have to move between 12-15 feet before what you input into the steering wheel affects the trailer AT ALL. Once I figured that all the rest as they say was history. Hoping the rest of the week goes just as well, what a relief it was.

Thank you for traveling with me

Stay safer

firemedic2816

4. firemedic2816

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    So far really happy with everyone and everything so far. Can't wait until get into my own truck and get on down the road

DRAGON64 and shogun Thank this.
  5. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Don’t worry about getting out of traffic’s way. They all think they are the most important person around, just laugh when you get flipped off, cussed at, honked at. My instructor told me years ago it’s like Mick Jagger said “Time is on my side, yes it is.”

06driver and firemedic2816 Thank this.
  6. firemedic2816

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    True story Thank you

shogun Thanks this.
  7. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    I'll have you know it is called Metropolitan Lynchburg:mad:

Just cuz we didn't want Bedford county trying to stepping over the line. Those dang citified northerners:p

If they come down again before you go home, take them over to Old Fort in Manchester. It is an ancient Indian Fortress built in the bend of the Duck River. Takes about two three hours to walk around but it is very peaceful.

When I can not get over to a section of the AT it is where I go for solitude. But the kids would probably love it. An old grist mill, several trails, and a decent welcome center explaining who lived there.

Glad class is doing well. I agree with Shogun. Worry about what you are doing. They will get the heck over it.

firemedic2816 and DRAGON64 Thank this.
  8. hollywood76

hollywood76 Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2015
    milwaukee wisconsin
    hey fire medic if u have any issues with backing go on youtube and look up junior Honduras he a trainer at prime and he shows all his students how to do all the backing and alley backing watch them and might pick a few tips to help u along the way

firemedic2816 Thanks this.
  9. firemedic2816

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    I am familiar with Junior watch ALL his videos and am a subscriber, I finally was able to fingered out my issue, and it's all going, still not 100% PERFECT, but I recognize it earlier enough and KNOW how to fix it, Thank You for the suggestions

10. firemedic2816

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    #### Yankees we are..LOL, Not sure I would say Citified I grew up on a 300+ Acre farm with 350 head of cattle and dozen horses. Yes I live NEAR Cincinnati now, but still in the country.. I LOVE Small town USA, Love places LIKE Lynchburg and Shelbyville, We will have to make a trip sometime to Manchester. MRS is wanting to come back and do the Distillery tour with out the kiddos, so make make a weekend of it, my kids are really not big fans of the GREAT OUTDOORS, my son is Autistic so not a big fan of bugs or heat and stuff like that, my daughter would probably enjoy it.

THANK YOU FOR THE INFO

06driver Thanks this.
  11. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    You can also do a George Dickel tour in Tullahoma. And we call anyone north of the Hollow a Yankee. :p

firemedic2816 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.