Tmc 2015 questions from experienced driver.

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Brian4916, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Brian4916

Brian4916 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2015
    I'm driver from Southwest Louisiana area. Interested in tmc have few questions?
    1) Is there freight going thru this area frequently?
    2) Does tmc pay tolls or is it on driver to pay?
    3) I have 5 years exp. Hauling chips local to mills. Never fooled with flatbed or over road driving. How long would it take to get everything down and be rolling comfortable doing this? As far as driving, backing, etc will be no problem just wondering how easy it is to find locations for load and locations for delivering. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freebirdusa

freebirdusa Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Thomaston ga
    TMC has Qualcomm. If its set up Like Millis Transfer there is a Navigation tab. Just enter where you want to go and it always got me there.

4. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.

5. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    I can't comment on the freight in that area . I pulled out of the east coast,mid west and Canada. Tmc will pay most tolls with I pass. They do have some restrictions on tolls they will not pay. They are covered in your employee manual. You can run the toll but it will be deducted from your pay. Unless you paid cash for the toll. Running flatedvyou will be pulling mostly a 48' spread Axel. Maybe a 53' spread. It will take you awhile getting used to making turns and backing without making contact with other objects. Take your time,goal often. When it's then end of your day the last thing you want to do is talk with safety about why you just ran over, or backed into something. When tmc dispatches you the load screen will have local directions to the shipper and consignee. Your own trip planning will get you there.

6. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    Read the title to this thread and thought "HOLY CRABCAKES, HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU HAVE 2015 QUESTIONS?!?!"

7. Safari Joe

Safari Joe Light Load Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Tampa,Fl
    1. Some freight not much depends on demand

2. Theyll reimburse you for the toll as long as its not on the do not travel list

3. Youll prolly spend 1-2 weeks out with a trainer then get your own truck. As far as backing goes we have 48 and 53ft spreads,all trucks are equipped with a dump valve for the trailer that dumps the air out of the last axle on the trailer. They provide you with set directions and also have navi go on the qualcomm. Other than that relax and take your time :)

8. freebirdusa

freebirdusa Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Thomaston ga
    That's a lot of questions. One could be accused of high jacking the forum.
    I meant to include previous quote from canned spam

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    Canned Spam Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.