TMC - A new beginning

Discussion in 'TMC' started by CarolinaCatJack, Oct 31, 2010.

1. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack Light Load Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Travelers Rest, SC
    I made the long drive from SC to IA yesterday to start my orientation with TMC. I'm going to continually post here, as time permits, to update my progress. Hoping for the best. If anybody is headed up here or is here already, look me up. Let's get through this.... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.

Gears Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gears

Gears Trucker Forum STAFF - Gone, But Not Forgotten.

Aug 20, 2009
    C'mon dude...what do you have to be nervous about? You've driven a truck before, you know the routine. You'll be just fine!
    I'll see if I can't get some loads that go by the DesMoines area and if so, we can hook up for a coffee or something at Bosselmans, the nearest truck stop. Would you have any way of getting around?
    Good luck to you Matt....take pictures and post often...most of all....stay off the grass!

4. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Let us know if the rumor is true !!!!!!

5. CarolinaCatJack

Mar 23, 2010
    Travelers Rest, SC
    And which rumor might that be?

6. AF461

AF461 Medium Load Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Dover, DE
    Good luck brother! I hope it a great company for you and I hope you do well there. Please keep us informed as to how orientation is and how your first few months are. We are definately looking forward to your posts!:biggrin_25514:

7. lilmstrkr

lilmstrkr Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2010
    You can do it. By now, you had one day on the road, I think. Really work hard to not grind gears! Remember you don't *have* to split that 13 (unless they tell you otherwise) Drive it like a 9 if they'll let you - that'll be less margin for error... Don't forget to dump air on turns... just concentrate, they're picky. Keep a positive attitude :) They'll eventually have you downtown towards the end of the week; deep breath :) Take your time, you're gonna be just fine. They're going to prefer that you're careful than you're fast. There are a bunch of really good trainers there. If you drive with Battles, esp make sure you double clutch. :) If you trained on a stub-nose (short wheelbase) truck, you have to remember the TMC truck won't turn the same -- as my first trainer used to yell at me years ago -- DRIVE THE HOOD! Haha. No but really be sure to turn that thing earlier or you'll smack your front curb. If you're dumping the air, like they want you to, you'll make the turn okay.

Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. CarolinaCatJack

Mar 23, 2010
    Travelers Rest, SC
    All the kind words are greatly appreciated, y'all. It was a great first day. Physicals done, a ton of paperwork finished. Only thing I didn't like was having my junk jiggled, but hey.... Simulators and straight line backing tomorrow. Will post again later. :)

9. Gander

Gander Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Good luck bro keep us inform im looking for a new view

10. Gears

Aug 20, 2009
    When you get my age, you look forward to having your "junk jiggled". If only it was done by your wife instead....
    You sound pretty pumped, I assume you also had the tarp lifting gig you spoke about? I'm sure you passed with flying colors.
    Straight line backing...gotta love it!

country77 Thanks this.
  11. Gears

Aug 20, 2009
    Now come on now Catfish....where's the updates? What the heck is going on? You can't spare a few minutes for your friends to let us know what's going on?

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.