Tmc drug testing question for non driver

Discussion in 'TMC' started by diesel-mechanic, Aug 6, 2012.

1. diesel-mechanic

diesel-mechanic Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2012
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Richter

Richter Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    My company drug test all drivers on the first day before training or before getting a truck. They gave us a chance to admit any drug use and said they would give a bus ticket home. No one admitted it. They said if they found drugs and you did not admit it they would note it in your record so no company would ever hire you. About 5 guys tested positive our of class of 40. They were given 15 min to get out of the hotel and were kicked to the curb.

What idiots!!! Did they not think the company would find out? Most companies use very thorough testing. I think we can be randomly tested. I had an at fault incident and i was not drug tested. We do get a company physical one a year and are retested.

4. Mattchu

Mattchu Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2012
    New Bedford, Ma
    Aside from marijuana most other drugs are gone in a few days for a piss test, if you can not use for that lil time you got a bigger problem than just the Test. Dont let drugs decide what kind of job you can get cause you have to pass a test. put the drugs down and take care of you and your family!!!

5. riverrat143

riverrat143 Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Brodhead, Wisconsin
    To begin a career with TMC, drivers are required to pass a urine test and yes, there are some that fail it. Once in your truck you are subject to random tests at anytime TMC requests one done. These are usually breath tests looking for alcohol. On occasion you may be required to do a urine test.
    If involved in any accident on the road, you will be urine tested and probably breathalizer too and you are required to submit to either test by any police official at any time requested as part of holding a CDL.[
    Is this a good thing? Of course it is. Drivers are responsible for a very large, up to 80,000 lb peice of equiptment rolling down the road at speed next to families on their way to whatever it is that they do. A driver using drugs endangers everyone.
    QUOTE=diesel-mechanic;2743191]I think i am on the right page. I am a student a local Tech college for Diesel mechanic. In our oral communications class (that i hate by the way) We have to right a report and present it to the class. Our tech school was one of the first if not the first to drug test us before we could be enrolled. As you can imagine companies poped up everywhere suing the school for different things (right to privacy, along with a few other things) after we all got tested, Only 5 kids out of over 1,000 failed the test which i was amazed at. But anyway i am doing my report on drugs in the work place more specifically in the trucking and heavy equipment industry. My question to you is if anyone can tell me what the company policy is on drugs. What kind of drug test do you take (Urine,mouth swab, blood, Hair follicle) how often and do they test you. And also whats you opinion on this subject as a driver do you think they should test more often? Do they test after every wreck or traffic incident? Before they hire you etc,etc. And last but not least does the company hire people with any kind of drug related back ground no matter if its been a year or 20? I'm asking this question to 3 different companies so i can pool the answers together to see what is most common. I found this site while surfing the net and seem to be a lot of people on here. Thanks in advance for your response. Any info will help[/QUOTE]

6. texasdriver

texasdriver Bobtail Member

Nov 9, 2012
    I thought TMC did a hair folicle test.

7. Thatguy941

Thatguy941 Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2014
    What drugs is tmc testing for? Just curious how many panels

8. *Five-0*

*Five-0* Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Hey...I'm over here!
    I'm always suspicious when this question is asked....

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Like all the companies they test for any illegal substance,pot, coke. meth heroin. speed.

10. Richter

Richter Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    Thats why i dont answer it ever.

11. Smoke Brake

Smoke Brake Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2014
    Texas
    Does TMC still do urine test at orientation? Or have they switched to hair follicle?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.