TMC experience thus far.......

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Toona67, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Toona67

Toona67 Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Appreciate all your input Highway.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Karl_marx

Karl_marx Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Best wishes Toona. I'm from Brighton Michigan, I would like to know what company you are considering there.

4. Toona67

Oct 23, 2015
    That far south you have a lot of choices to choose from. Great area for trucking companies along that whole area. As my home is in Grayling, it is a bit off the beaten path for most of the OTR companies. I will get with you on the company once I am in there and see if they are as advertised.
    I have heard pretty good things about AD Transport Express out of Canton, they do a lot of Ford and GM parts work but I do not know anyone first hand that works there.

5. Toona67

Oct 23, 2015
    If anyone is still getting alerts on this post.....if you start at TMC or are currently working there, don't be "that" guy on a pre-load that leaves all your crappy stuff for the next guy. If there is an issue with your trailer or tarps that you are dropping, let the on site TMC guy or somebody know...send in a Macro 19 and get some visibility on the issue. We all get past the terminals now and then, man up and get your crap fixed on your own rather than leaving it for the next unsuspecting driver.
    Shipping port has a TMC guy there as does Silver Grove, so there is really no excuse at those two to not take a moment to let them know. Silver Grove, in fact, has started including a trailer pre-trip sheet for you to fill out and leave at the TMC window. Be honest and fill the #### thing out. If you work there long enough, you will get screwed by your fellow driver at one point or another and it is really a pretty pissy part of the job for which there is no reason.
    Yes, this is from this weeks events that I write these tidbits of wisdom and it was both places on back to back days......really some stupid crap. lol
    Only 4 more days to worry about it though!! :)
    Have a safe day all!!

6. Karl_marx

Karl_marx Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Toona I got ur message. Some reason I can't pull it up to reply... On that note I would like more info when ur in a position to give.

7. Toona67

Oct 23, 2015
    10-4, might have another lead for you as well. A friend of mine just went to work for another company and he is going to let me know if it is as advertised. Possibly pretty lucrative if it is what I hear.

8. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    You are correct! There is no reason why a driver should leave a trailer with any issues for the next driver as well as the load if you think about it. Red tag the unit and send in a break down macro at the least. Then the trailer would be fixed before being reloaded. Two weeks ago I picked up a trailer at Silver Grove with a side marker light out. As you said it could have been fixed by the yard man but NO! TOO much effort for that driver. Now with that same trailer I delivered that load and while running to get reloaded a break chamber push rod bent setting the breaks on that set of wheels. Come to find out that chamber was replaced and the push rod was never cut to length for proper operation. It was 3" longer then It should have been. How did they even work? So because I was going 62+/- down the highway when the wheels locked up I now have two flat spotted tires to replace as well as carry around. This Monday I do my pre trip on the same trailer and notice a set of break pads separated from the break shoe, send in the break down get them replaced and low and behold an inside tire that won't pass DOT. Two more tire on the deck now. Well at least I went by Bell Tire in Bedford, OH ( nice people my tire shop choice) and drop off my casings. Hopefully next week will be a break down free week for me.

Toona67, I have to say you brought some good issues to light here with TMC. Most of the time this site goes stale . Keep us up to date with your new job. As you can see, with your short time with TMC through TR you have gained some brothers to try and help out. After all, I'm sure we all wont be with this company forever and we may need your advice. Be Safe

Toona67 Thanks this.
  9. Karl_marx

Karl_marx Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Good words highway and sheehus on your string of break downs! 2 weeks ago in Toronto I had the left side of my trailer lights go out and most my trailer break lights... Road repair was on point and had service out in 45minutes....took end 15 mins to get me rolling again. I do have one tail light out again but I also go in for truck and trailer service Thursday... Looking to get ur done then

10. Toona67

Oct 23, 2015
    Final note on this matter.
    Thursday was my last day with TMC and the process was fast and painless. I made sure to have my truck spotless and when arriving at the terminal, I set up a ride to the airport with Uber to get a rental car. Went and got the car and through all my stuff in and went to see safety. Signed a single form, left my tarps with the securement department and my keys to maintenance. They sent someone out to inspect the truck for cleanliness and take pictures. If they charge me a fee I will let you know, the truck was cleaner then when I received it so I will be disappointed if they do.
    All in all a very fast process and I was out of there before 11am heading home.

Highway Sailor Thanks this.
  11. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    Good deal man, This may be your final note but don't let the story end. Keep in touch and the best of luck to you. You know where to find us.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.