TMC experience thus far.......

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Toona67, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Toona67

Toona67 Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I shall do so sir, not exactly sure on where I am going to work at the moment. I am currently hanging out with my daughter and Grandson in northern MI enjoying an adult beverage. :)
    Going to see the DMV Monday morning to change my license back over to MI and go start knocking on a few local doors. If there is little movement there, I will start hitting up a couple of the more highly rated OTR companies with terminals in MI to work at. As most of you know, with a CDL A "X" and a passport there are not too many places an intrepid driver with a clean CSA cannot get work these days. It is just a matter of finding the right fit. I wish TMC had been the right fit for me, I really believe they believe what they preach.

Have a happy Easter everyone, hope it is safe and enjoyable for each of you.

Highway Sailor Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Karl_marx

Karl_marx Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Was your final load you picked up green plastic pipe Toona?

4. Toona67

Oct 23, 2015
    No sir, although I saw a load of pipe at the terminal when I was there. My last load was out of Logan Aluminum in Russellville. Aluminum coils going to Fremont, OH.

5. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    0630 sitting double parked in long island city,NY. Asked fleet manager for a preplan yesterday morning knowing there was no place to park. Told him once unloaded I wanted to get out of there due to no parking. He replies 10-4. So here I sit empty, clock running, no parking. Oh yeah, no preplan.

Dominick253 Thanks this.
  6. Toona67

Oct 23, 2015
    Wow!! On a Tueday there should be all kinds of things up that way. I would bounce to a Pilot and tell him he can take care of the bounce miles. Lol

Dominick253 Thanks this.
  7. Dominick253

Dominick253 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2015
    Two and a half hours at the peterbilt dealership... For a mudflap. I could've done the job in under a minute if they would've just given me the mudflap. Glad I get paid hourly. One time I got ten hours of OT to take the truck in for a PM. That was the easiest paying day I've ever worked!

8. Dominick253

Nov 19, 2015
    I did a load swap once. Guy wanted to get home sooner and my load was ready. OK no problem. He left me with tandems that wouldn't slide and a total cost tire. Never again.

9. Dominick253

Nov 19, 2015
    I'm local. I used to do the same thing so I could get home sooner. It's not about money to me. It's about feeling like I got something done and then having time with my loved ones. It took me a while to learn just to relax and go at a moderate pace. You've learned that if you hustle and get done sooner what happens? Now you have time to do another load, which pushed back your time off. Whereas if you went at a more relaxed pace you'd wouldn't have time for that last load.

10. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    Well the thing is, I was empty@ 0630. Dude don't show up till 0800. That's why I asked for the preplan, so I could get out of there. Things move alot faster in NYC then des Moines. Except traffic of cours.

Toona67 and Dominick253 Thank this.
  11. Toona67

Oct 23, 2015
    No doubt about that brother. There are some things that IA does not understand altogether about the NE and surrounding area.
    If you are in Morgantown it is not a simple bounce to south of Elkins to get a 47K tarped load of lumber to take to Elkhart, IN. FM: "It is only 68 miles down 119"?
    Me: "It is 105 miles by the way that I have to go in a truck and that is a downhill ski community, which is not very loaded truck friendly."
    FM: "Well you have like 4 hours on your clock, you can go from there to Columbus today for a split can't you?"
    ......yeah, I understand your pain brother. lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.