Tmc first year pay 2018 question

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by sam3106, Apr 25, 2018.

1. sam3106

sam3106 Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2018
    I understand you get paid a percentage. My question is if your home a average of 2 days a month how much could you male per month. Also is TMC a gpod starter company?

BillStep Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ewudmada

Ewudmada Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Hi I work for tmc the pay is great if you it can't be beat work hard get there on time and you should have no problem making 1200 on a slow week thi ou get paid percentage or cpm but don't do cpm percentage is way better freight is th through the roof right now hit me up if you have any questions

BillStep Thanks this.
  4. BillStep

BillStep Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    They must be making money because I see TMC trucks burning up I 85 and I 95. Must be a TMC yard in NC or VA somewhere.

coastietruckin' Thanks this.
  5. sam3106

sam3106 Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Thank you for your response. Do you know hoe much the team drivers make

6. Ewudmada

Ewudmada Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2018
    As far as I know there is no real teams because you ate usually no more then 600 miles from your drop you drop in the morning from day before then bounce to pickup then drive to dropoff sleep and unload in the morning repeat

7. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Current TMC driver here on a dedicated lane.

Percentage pay boils down to learning how to play the game, i.e. maximizing your fuel economy, good clock management, having HAZMAT endorsement, TWIC card and passport and a few other things. I've yet to have a check under $1000 after taxes since I got out of training.

If you are planning on running 3/4 weeks out of the month, it's hard to put a number on what you can expect to make, but running for that long can keep you in the areas where high paying freight is consistently up for grabs. Best way to get higher paying freight is to have an empty truck as early as possible in the day.

TMC doesn't operate team trucks with the exception of trainers being cleared to run as a team past a certain point with a trainee.

I got my CDL through TMC in Des Moines, so my driving habits and the like are tailored to the way TMC wants it. For a "starter company", TMC has been pretty good to me so far. I haven't had any regrets or any major complaints about things.

8. Faintestidea

Faintestidea Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2018
    Medina OH
    I watched the video on how they explain % pay, but what if you had 300-400 mile runs instead of the 620 they use as an example? Are those type of runs common there?

9. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    It really depends where you are hauling freight out of and when you get empty. The earlier you are empty, the better chance of the best paying load available

From my observations, freight going into the Northeast pays way better than freight leaving the Northeast.

The 620 mile runs will pay more mainly because the load planner and sales rep charged more for the increased distance, fuel etc, but a 620 mile run of plywood might pay less than 400 miles of insulation. However, it'll contribute to you running out your full 11hr clock at a minimum (trucks governed at 62mph, and you aren't always moving at 62mph). I personally would rather have 5 3-400 mile runs in the week or 3 700 mile runs.

Mileage pay shouldn't even be something you consider, the only people it makes sense for are people that have been in TMC for ages due to the additional penny over 40 cents for every year of service aspect. If you've been hauling for TMC for 20 years, then mileage certainly pays well for being a company driver.

10. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    Dont forget to park up on sundays :D.

TMC policy

11. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Not policy, but silly not to because you aren't helping your percentage pay increase.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.