TMC from the inside

Discussion in 'TMC' started by riverrat143, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Ex88m/Het

Ex88m/Het Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2012
    NC
    TMC will be for me, should be March for me since i get my cdl in Feb, but then good ole Nc mails the hard copy to you house so i better wait for that, Right???

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. patriottrucker

patriottrucker Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Wiggins, MS
    Thanks riverrat! I have been trying to find good recent info on TMC! This pretty much sealed the deal for me. I am currently deployed but as soon as I get home I am starting at a truck driving school (may). TMC has sparked my interest from the beginning and this post helped out a lot. Hopefully I can get hired with them. Seems to be a really great company. thanks again.

4. HarlemPlayer

HarlemPlayer Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Bowman,SC
    Nice post. Very informative. TMC sounds like a good company to work for.

5. jeff1971

jeff1971 Light Load Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    What part of NC? I am in Charlotte! Gonna be doing the CDL thing in March myself and looking at TMC!

6. bramabull

bramabull Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Tennessee
    Hello,

I have been reading alot of crap on how TMC filed Bankruptcy and How TMC treats there drivers as a "NUMBER" and how TMC trainers treat there students like crap. T. I just gradurated Truck school this past Saturday. I saw TMC in the school and KNEW thats where I wanted to go. I for one dont belive in bullshiters. To me the ones who complain or write negative stuff about all companys Im sure were to fat and to lazy and couldnt do the job so when they were told they were going to be let go or Fired. Im sure they started talking bad. Im looking foward to going to TMC. I start this Sunday the 20th. Ive read good stuff which excites me and Ive read bad stuff which I guess I need to take it all in. All and All im ready to go. Just my first week out with a trainer I dont want a Douch bag. As long as he is nice and teaches me stuff I need to know and Not stuff I dont want to know I will be fine. I read one form from a guy who said his trainer slept all the time and how TMC told him they wanted 5 loads a week and how they had to fudge there LOG book just to make it work. I Will not false my log people. Trainer can But I want. And If I get stop going to be on his ### not mine. I know in trucking sometimes YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO Fudge a little. But not all the time thats crap. That driver went on to say how he was almost put out of service for his log book not being up to date. WELL 1st off dude Thats your responibilty to do yourlog book not your Trainer. He went on by saying his truck was crap and took him so long to et a new truck. Im like DUDE whats your problem here. THEN again I keep thinking he the one who couldnt cut it and started to lie and tell crap on this company, PEOPLE your truck drivers stop being pussys and Do your job. I new to driving just as long as my trainer treats me as a DRIVER and not a rookie right off the bat.. After I get my own truck then call me rookie. But your there to help me not yell at me. Im really looking foward to going. Im ready to go to work for TMC has Anybody lately come out. Look foward to reading your words

twindy Thanks this.
  7. FirNaTine

FirNaTine Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2008
    South Jersey

While TMC I think is better than some of the other trucking companies out there. They are by no means perfect. Some here have had legitimate bad experiences with them and its not because they were fat, lazy or anything that they did. Read through the experiences here, most are positive but some were given a raw deal through no fault of their own.

I always say don't glamorize up a company you never worked for, least you get there and get screwed over. My experiences overall were positive with TMC, but I sat a lot and hence my pay was a lot less than what others made. Maybe it was because I had a bad FM or that things were just very slow. I left because of the low pay but also personal issues at home. If I decide to get back into OTR driving TMC will be the first I call to see if they will take me back.

Good luck to ya and safe driving

8. bubba455

bubba455 Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Lebanon Township, NJ
    I have been talking to a recruiter since I graduated and I'll be headed out there on the 27th. I live in NJ and I have a couple of questions for you guys. Would you drive out there if you were me or take the bus? (keep in mind I don't mind driving the 18 hours) and what kinds of gear should I bring with me that weren't mentioned?

9. bramabull

bramabull Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Tennessee
    I would drive I'm diving up there its 11 hours for me. Also of you going for orientation there send you a packer on email or mail of things you need to bring.

10. FirNaTine

FirNaTine Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2008
    South Jersey

Hey, I'm from Jersey too. I flew out there when I went to orientation. They said the bus was something like 26 hrs which I thought was nuts. I landed Sunday afternoon and was the first there, plenty of time to relax and enjoy some of the hotels amenities. People who took the bus from our area got delayed and it took 32+hrs for them to get in, they arrived at 1am Sunday night/Monday morning and looked beat as hell the first day.

If you can afford it flying is nice, plus they will give you the max for the bus ticket ($150 I think). Check for deals online, I paid $333 one way. Driving is another option but weigh the expenses. You'll be one of the popular guys if you drive as having your own car to goto the store/restaurant is great as theres nothing around the hotel within walking distance. And the bus only stops at Walmart once a week depending on who's driving it.

Only downfall to driving is they say theres a chance you could be paired with a trainer right after orientation but I've never seen or heard it happen.

Good luck and read through the forums here, plenty of good stuff to read.

Bigdubber, Truckie83 and bubba455 Thank this.
  11. Ex88m/Het

Ex88m/Het Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2012
    NC
    please keep us filled in when you go through orientation, I am going mar 18th so ya'lls adventure may give me some pionters. to all keep the info coming . I have got my passport and twic allready and will have my hazmat as well when i get there on mar 18 , maybe that will help with my pay once i get my own truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.