TMC from the inside

Discussion in 'TMC' started by riverrat143, Dec 30, 2011.

1. dirtyjerz

dirtyjerz glowing beard pouty kid

Jun 7, 2011
    Playing in Traffic
    Bubba, id just take the bus. It was 26 hours for me. Flying is another option if you can afford it. Driving yourself from nj is a bit much. Plus, gas and tolls will cost ya. Also, what if you break down midway. Your kinda screwed. Also there were 3 or 4 guys who did get trainers right from dsm.

Firnatine, where in south jersey are you from. Im down in pennsville.

bubba455 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bubba455

bubba455 Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Lebanon Township, NJ
    Thanks for the advice guys! I'll take it all under consideration. I have a brand new car so it won't break down in all likelyhood, but it's "sporty" lets say! LOL so it's not so great in the winter! Ex88 I'll keep ya posted, I just got out of the Marine Corps about 2 years ago so I have a pretty good idea what you're in for. I have my passport, hazmat, and twic at the ready! Can't deny I'm nervous as hell!

leo Thanks this.
  4. leo

leo Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2012
    Hey bubba im from scranton Pa im also going the 27 can wait, airfare is about 260

5. bramabull

bramabull Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Tennessee
    I rented a Car and going to Drive there. SCREW a Bus man I know that Im no better than anybody else but I want the freedom to stop when I want to. But thats just me. I leave Sunday 11 Hours from my Home. I rented a car through National Car Rental and Guys if you do rent a car they will Reemburce you back. Also National Has the best deal for one way drop off. Enterprise was going to be 325.00 They were going to chatge a 225.00 drop off fee and Others guys were to much. I paying 122.00 for a car So Is anyone else starting on the 20th Feb this Monday

6. jimvrg

jimvrg Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2012
    yellville arkansas
    so your saying if you make a mistake in the past you are no good anymore?God judges people not you

7. ttownrunner

ttownrunner Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2010
    tulsa,ok
    Does TMC allow inverters.even if its one they have to install. Filling out the app today for school and TMC.

8. NewBeee

NewBeee Bobtail Member

Nov 29, 2011
    What is TMC orientation and training pay like? I saw it is like 2 months long so just wondering how much you get before your first real check.

9. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    Bubba, I used to work for TMC. I do not advise taking a new car out there and leaving it in the lot where drivers leave their cars. You may not see it for quite sometime. Getting it back to Jersey may not happen until your first vacation. That being said, if you have an extra, kinda junker car, you can trust to make the trip, and can leave in Des Moines long term, it is real handy to have a car in town, when you are there for services and stuff. The terminal is down on the south side of Des Moines, quite a ways from anything else, and cabs are killer spendy running around town there.

Shadalee Thanks this.
  10. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    Ttownrunner, they do allow an inverter. But if you do not have the exact same make model and wattage inverter that they allow, you will have to purchase one from them. They have them set up with a quick disconnect so moving your inverter from truck to truck if you ever trade trucks is easy.

Shadalee and ttownrunner Thank this.
  11. FirNaTine

FirNaTine Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2008
    South Jersey
    Up near Cherry Hill area, sent ya PM not sure if you got it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.