TMC from the inside

Discussion in 'TMC' started by riverrat143, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Aowens732

Aowens732 Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Percentage all the way

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Waitin at home

Waitin at home Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2013
    Was reading about TMC and came across a guy saying he was charged for EHC. What is that?

4. Truckie83

Truckie83 Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Perryman, MD
    What is the average length of haul? Sorry might have missed it but how does % work?

5. drummerwookie

drummerwookie Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2007
    Piqua, Ohio
    Are any of their trucks double bunk style? I'm thinking bout getting back into long haul and having my wife ride with me most of the time. We both enjoy our space when sleeping. Lol. Just seeing if they have available, double bunks in any or all trucks. Thanks!

6. riverrat143

riverrat143 Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Brodhead, Wisconsin
    You will pretty much unload and load everyday and the cycle repeats to get you home on Friday. I would say most runs are in the 300 - 400 loaded mile range and your bounce to pick up will be under 100 miles.
    You will start out at 27% and its up to you to move the number up. Whatever the load pays to the truck, you will get 27% of that pay.

Truckie83 Thanks this.
  7. riverrat143

Jul 14, 2009
    Brodhead, Wisconsin
    Actually, TMC does not have too many trucks that are not double bunk.

8. riverrat143

Jul 14, 2009
    Brodhead, Wisconsin
    View attachment 54793

Thought I would give a quick update on myself.
    After 4 good years with TMC, today I turned in the truck at Des Moines. I was treated with nothing but respect during the quick and easy process. I have heard horror stories about TMC being big jerks when it come to turn the truck in but I had no problems at all.
    Like I said, I have had 4 good years with TMC but felt it was time to move on. I told myself when I started that the goal was to have my own truck in 3-5 years and it's time. The pic above is of my truck. The best part about it? Two words,,,,paid for! I am financing the stepdeck trailer but the truck is paid for. This will make life much easier going forward.
    Anyway, I still drop in on this page once in awhile and will continue to do so.

Good Luck!

milskired Thanks this.
  9. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    Riverrat, the pic did not work. I had the same thing when I turned in mine. Even joked around and laughed with a few guys in the shop. There was no hard feelings. You should come over into the flatbed thread Where are you 2. Who did you lease onto or are you under your own authority? Let me know how everything is going and Congratulations! I am jealous! I am seriously thinking about staying at my local gig for another year and buying my own rig, OTR is much more fun and enjoyable then local stuff.

10. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    Its still not working for me. I don't know if its on my end or not.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.