TMC from the inside

Discussion in 'TMC' started by riverrat143, Dec 30, 2011.

1. EndlessPursuit...

EndlessPursuit... Bobtail Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Speaking of hernias's again.... what kind of hernia checks does TMC do? Groinial, abdominal etc... Old topic but very curious. Thx!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hitoned

Hitoned Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2017
    Lol!! Awesome post!

4. GoDminG

GoDminG Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2019
    Im not sure about automatic trucks...i never driven an automatic truck....shifting is a skill

5. haulit6272

haulit6272 Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2018
    1. Is that every day for all the weeks you are there? You aren't allowed to be late even once?
    2. Are they checking just for illegal drugs, or certain types of prescription drugs as well? Going back how far? Hair, blood, urine test, or what? What types of prescription drugs are disqualifying? If they say 'you can't drive with us if taking that' will they let you vow to quit and continue training if it's not something you must have to function?
    3. If you don't pass all the requirements, do you own them money at any point in the process? How much? Are you on your own to get home? Bus tickets can be expensive without meeting advance purchase requirements, just like with the airlines.
    4. Why are you glad you didn't accept their offer? What the the extra few days do for you?
    5. If hazmet is a plus, why didn't you want to keep it?
    6. How does anyone driving on ice and snow make any money when they're operating at a crawl when compared to good weather?
    7. Exercise doing what? Have you had to load, unload or wash trucks?
    8. What's the oldest age person you've seen be accepted into their CDL training program?
    9. Do you still work for TMC?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  6. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018

7. Farva

Farva Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2018
    South Dakota

8. pzarkov

pzarkov Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2019
    Just spoke with recruiter...maybe I am in.Lets see...

9. Farva

Farva Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2018
    South Dakota
    Cool, good luck.

10. Mgualda

Mgualda Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2019
    Will TMC give classes and/or training before tests on the computer? I start orientation June 24th.

11. Farva

Farva Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2018
    South Dakota
    I'm not sure I understand the question?

The first week of orientation you will have to do the general knowledge, combo, and air brake tests again (on TMC's computers), but it's open book. We had 1 guy fail week 1 because he failed these open book tests.

Are you possibly referring to the driving simulators? They just put you in there to see if you have ANY idea what a clutch is. They'd almost prefer you not to know, so they don't have to waste time breaking bad habits.

Mgualda Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.