TMC hometime

Discussion in 'TMC' started by matt0744, Jan 29, 2016.

1. matt0744

matt0744 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2016
    I'm looking into starting with TMC in the next month. My question is about weekends home. Does that mean home Saturday sometime and back out Sunday morning? Was told that by a driver at other company, just checking if that's true. I live in kentucky also

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buc

Buc Medium Load Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Where at in KY, if you don't mind?

Home time really depends chiefly on two things: 1/ how smart/hard-working your fleet manager is, and 2/ how hard you run through the week. But to answer your question, generally you can make it home Friday afternoon or evening depending on how far from home you load up that Friday morning, sometimes Saturday morning for that same reason. During my time with TMC, roughly 85% of the time I spent two nights at the house.

Now as for Sunday...the general gist is to leave out Sunday in enough time to get parked at (or as close as you can to) the consignee. Most guys do this; some don't. But you risk losing out on the chance for better loads that Monday morning if you wait til Monday morning.

Toona67 Thanks this.
  4. matt0744

matt0744 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Th

5. matt0744

matt0744 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Th
    thank you for the answers.. I live in Ashland, Ky. TMC sounds like a great fit for me. Just hope I can catch on quickly to flat bed.

6. Ky Trucker25

Ky Trucker25 Light Load Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Kentucky
    There a good company just real strict which in a way is a good thing also look at Melton their flatbed out 2 weeks at a time I also live in Ky and have thought about the choices of where to go and are you only looking at flatbed or van also

7. matt0744

matt0744 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2016

Van would be ok. It just seems to me TMC pays more for student driver, and still gets you home on weekends. A few of the van companies have told me 2 or 3 weeks out at a time

8. Ky Trucker25

Nov 28, 2015
    Kentucky
    Yeah that's the big thing with this business is the home time look at Melton they pay by the mile plus tarp and stuff trainings like 500 a week then .41 miles also since your open to can call freymiller their a small company that takes new drivers do you have your CDL already or are you getting it

9. matt0744

matt0744 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2016

Yes I already have my CDL. Thanks for the advice on the other two companies.

10. Ky Trucker25

Nov 28, 2015
    Kentucky
    No problem is call Melton they do one week of load and securment them 2-3 weeks with trainer but if van call freymiller their a small company but really good to their drivers

11. Toona67

Toona67 Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I concur, for the most part, my FM is able to get me home late day Friday and I leave out Sunday afternoon/evening. This week we got blindsided by a shipper issue that had me detained for 6-7 hours so I could not get home until this morning. That kind of screws your weekend as with a 34 hour reset I cannot get back in the truck until 7pm tomorrow night. My delivery is in Indianapolis so I am probably just going to leave out early Monday morning.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.