TMC hometime

Discussion in 'TMC' started by matt0744, Jan 29, 2016.

1. matt0744

matt0744 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2016

Thanks for the input. TMC sounds great to work for from what I've heard. I have never done anything remotely close to flat bed though. Wondering how difficult it can be to do, or in my case, even start to learn to do.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Karl_marx

Karl_marx Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2016
    It depends on how early you unload Friday morning to be set up to get an early as possible reload going home...and of course how much clock you got to do it. That's why parking up at receivers and shippers is important, so you can start your 14hr right when u leave the particular customer and not have ur time consumed waiting, even tho u will wait, naw mean? This is a weekend home time destroyer and it happens by parking for the night away from ur destination, and as soon as u go on duty your time starts, when it can be saved. Instead of wasting two hours driving to the customer and then eating two more hours unloading/loading u can save those 4+ valuable hours for getting to the next phase of the week by going on duty as the last pallet comes off ur trailer or or on (as soon as u drive a mile u go on duty and the 14 hour counts down). Salvation only happens when u sleep at the particular customer ( your in sleeper birth off duty but working ). Trucking with e-logs is a game of ridiculous time management. They do route you home, this is true

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    GoldenLad and Highway Sailor Thank this.
  4. Travisroland

Travisroland Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Don't for get McElroy Truck Lines.They pay $500 a week training.Get you home every week end.Start you off at .45 a mile.Then 65% of their loads are preloaded and pre tarped (That is BIG)They are a Lowes preferred carrier.That means you can park on their property without having to worry about being towed off and their a Christian company.The drivers I have ran into are happy

5. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    I have to agree strongly with Karl Marx he is spot on. However you as a driver can do everything right for good time management and then have your fm or "planner" send it all down the toilet just like that.

Toona67 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.