TMC Lawsuit

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by EvertonP, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    Some people man. Closed eyes. I was introduced to flatbedding and ran my first loads with a black guy....never even entered my mind not once.

Good grief TMC.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    More proof that we are all born with everything we need. The rest is learned. The guys Dad is a child abuser for raising hate.

The_vett, 2Tap, buddyd157 and 6 others Thank this.
  4. HoundDog7

HoundDog7 Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2022
    Kansas
    Well if it's all true, then that guy has the worst luck of anyone I've ever seen in modern history. His story reminds me of that Jussie Smollet guy.

If he'd told that story 20 or 30 years ago, I might believe it.....but in today's society with all the lawyers, lawsuits and liability cases? No, I'm not buying that story. It's too convenient that everywhere he went he was hated on because of his "skin color".

5. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    Having spent a LOT of time around people of various races/skin colors, including my GF, racism is alive and well.

The_vett, Chieftains, mjd4277 and 6 others Thank this.
  6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    No, honestly, it's not. But there are plenty of people like you who will fan the flames.
    Grow up and get a life. The rest of us don't owe you a thing.

7. HoundDog7

HoundDog7 Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2022
    Kansas
    Let's be honest, it's there if you WANT it to be there. Most normal people don't look for it everywhere they go.

8. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    First off, I’m white.

Second, what is “owed” is basic, human decency, just as you two would expect for your family and friends. Neither I nor those whom I’ve been around during my experiences have expected anything more.

One doesn’t have to “look for it”, when one lives it. Have you ever been denied restaurant service? We have. We were put into a corner, by the kitchen door, and left there. After spending 50 minutes watching every other table being serviced, we left. Ever sit down at restaurants and have people at other tables staring at you? It’s a regular thing. Ever have strangers look at you, then, look your GF up and down, then, glare back at you? It’s a regular thing. When educated, well-dressed friends convey the same experiences, it’s very telling of the truth.

If you both want to turn a blind eye to reality, keep on with it. Your view here sounds much like what is heard by the drivers running their mouths on the radio. Pure ignorance.

9. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Well, yes. I have been ignored at restaurants. I did the adult thing and left. I didn't think it was because I'm white and my grandson is mixed, I thought it was because they sucked.
    My point is this; you can go through life thinking that the world hates you and owes you something, or you can go through life thinking I'm gonna kick its arse.
    Choice is yours, bub.

10. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    It’s fine. Trust me. We don’t expect anything, expect it to change, or want something in return. We simply move on, as well. But, when outside people deny it happens, it’s infuriating. One has to walk a mile in another man’s shoes, to see reality.

And, this is the second time you referenced “growing up” or “adult”. It has nothing to do with either. Sadly, you don’t realize that.

jcrack08, mjd4277, bryan21384 and 3 others Thank this.
  11. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Sure.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.