TMC,Maverick, or McElroy???

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Bamadrb, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Natethetrucker04

Natethetrucker04 Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2015
    DFW
    They require at least a year of flatbed experience within the last 3 years..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Coolbreeze100

Coolbreeze100 Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Macon, GA
    I started with Arrow in 1999 and went through Arrow's version of training. It consisted of a five day securment, yard work and classroom followed by six weeks with a trainer. If you have never driven flat bed before, I can tell you that you will quickly get into physical condition. Straping, chaining and tarping loads will work you like a dog. If it is hot (read Texas in July) or cold (Chicago etc) you are in it while doing your load securement. Deliveries are to unimproved construction sites at times and your backing and driving will be greatly tested. One thing I learned is to bungee my mud flaps around the mud flap mount so that I did not back over it and rip it off on a rutted lot while delivering to a construction site.

I don't know about Maverick as a company, but I do know that Schneider sold the flatbed division to them in '98 and Maverick was considered an excellent company back then. I liked dri ing flat bed and liked being in great shape from the work.

4. Natethetrucker04

Nov 24, 2015
    DFW
    Actually Schneider sold the specialized division in 06, I wish I wouldve done specialized when I came aboard in 04. Most of the drivers went over with the equiptment, some stayed on. Who knew 12 years later, I'd be interested in flatbed. I probably would've gained so much weight(45 lbs) and gotten this far out of shape. I'll be starting my orientation with TMC. January 4th. They sound like a decent company, especially the employee stock ownership program, benefits sound alot better where Im at now...

5. Natethetrucker04

Nov 24, 2015
    DFW
    TMC it is... Coming to orientation next month... Thanks for the info

6. nmbeagle30

nmbeagle30 Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Just a note on TMC. I ran into a driver in Texarkana a few weeks back who loves it, but he did say they were going automatic as well. Just thought you should know.

Natethetrucker04 Thanks this.
  7. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    They just bought about 50 to try out. Some were it was mention an existing driver could request one. I do know for fact one driver that did that. He said he was being passed all day long by the TMC manual trucks.

Natethetrucker04 and nmbeagle30 Thank this.
  8. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    Just my opinion but it would be a say day if they went to all autos.

Natethetrucker04 Thanks this.
  9. Natethetrucker04

Nov 24, 2015
    DFW
    Autos wouldn't be any fun tho..... I drove one auto Cascadia from Penske loaner for a day..... I hated it...

10. Natethetrucker04

Nov 24, 2015
    DFW
    Tell me about it! Sad day indeed

11. Natethetrucker04

Nov 24, 2015
    DFW
    Good info right there.... What's the chances of getting a new truck anyway? I like those 579s.. I'll be content with a 389 tho...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.