TMC,Maverick, or McElroy???

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Bamadrb, Nov 24, 2015.

1. JMurphy1

JMurphy1 Light Load Member

May 3, 2015
    CT
    I chose to get out there, as you put it, for two main reasons:

1. For more money, however, it is not significant, at least I don't see a huge boost in income from two additional weeks. It is better mind you, but I still think it could be more.

2. TMC does boast the "home every weekend" mantra, but when you live as close to both Home Depot and Lowe's D.C. centers as I do, that is how they get you home so frequently, and how they get you back out. When I was getting home weekly, not only was my pay horrible, but I spent way more time at those two sites than I care to remember!!

There is not a ton of freight in the Northeast besides those two "mega-brands", I don't particularly care to run their loads. Staying out gets me away from that and on to longer runs and better loads.

GoldenLad and Da Beast Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WinchBarHero

WinchBarHero Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Your typical driver who goes home every weekend (which is the vast majority of drivers), will average about 29% on their percentage system. Going home every weekend will earn you about 3k in revenue every week. Now take that 3k X .29 = $870 gross per week. Now ad your typical $45 extra in tarping pay and your looking at $915 per wk gross...which comes out to $47580 in yearly gross. This is a very average and most drivers hover in this range. You can make more if you stay out longer, but most dont.

Iron Mover Thanks this.
  4. Hsauer87

Hsauer87 Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Parkton , North Carolina
    I

I do not know where you are getting 3k a week ? That is extremely low for truck revenue. I am home every weekend and when i am solo i still put 3700-4500 to the truck a week. If I was only doing 3k to the truck a week i would leave ! can make more money running CPM at a different company and i usualy tarp 3 loads a week so anywhere from 60-75 bucks for that. i normally take him near 1k NET !

5. Drpparker95

Drpparker95 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Guys i just saw a really nice pete 579 parked up at the walmart in meridian about a week or so ago. Is it just me or do they have a longer wheelbase?

6. Hsauer87

Jun 15, 2012
    Parkton , North Carolina
    I do not believe so , I know they have a much tighter turn radius then the 388 and 379 short and long nose.

7. WinchBarHero

WinchBarHero Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2015
    You take you typical load which pays about $1.40 per mile (mile = bounce + loaded), (sometimes its higher, sometimes lower) and multiply that by lets say an average of 500 miles per day (many times you wont have time to drive 500 miles in a day after loading/unloading), and then multiply that by 5 days (if you go home every weekend) and come up with $1.40 X 500 miles X 5 days = $3500 revenue to the truck per week. This is a very good week for someone who goes home every week...and someone who goes home every week isnt always going to have $3500 weeks, week after week.

Putting $4500 on the truck every week isnt possible based on the average $1.40 per mile rate simply because a solo driver who goes home every week probably isnt going to run more than 2500 miles max within that week. The only way to hit $4500 per week in revenue to the truck is 1. dont go home every weekend. You can add an extra 650 miles driving on Saturday or Sunday putting you at about 3150 miles for the week X 1.4 = $4410 in revenue. Or 2. Be a trainer in which after the trainee is done driving his 11 hrs, you then hop in the seat and drive some more...in which you can drive even more than 3150 miles per week and make even more.

Ultimately, you can hit $4500 (and alot more) to the truck every week, but not for a solo driver who wants to go home every single week. Saying that a solo driver who wants home every weekend is gonna hit $4500 weekly, @ say 32% + 45 tarping = $77220 yearly is decptive and not at all typical. Although you can make that kind of money and even more with TMC its not reserved for solo drivers who go home every week simply because it's impossible for them to do that many miles within a week of driving.

8. Hsauer87

Jun 15, 2012
    Parkton , North Carolina
    My average is 4300 a week to the truck home every weekend . So there's money out here just have to know how and where to run.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.