Tmc melton boyd mcelroy

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by chrism1367, May 5, 2016.

1. chrism1367

chrism1367 Light Load Member

Jul 5, 2014
    I'm at week and a half, and no haven't decided yet, put in apps, tmc is contacting me, putting in mcelroy app today, they cancelled their school visit though. Still have decisions to make

macavoy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chrism1367

Jul 5, 2014
    Still not a hundred percent on flatbed. If I do though, I think mcelroy may be my choice

4. macavoy

macavoy Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    What besides flatbed are you considering?

5. chrism1367

Jul 5, 2014
    Tanker, trying to also get into ltl, I'll drive can if it's a good company/job. Basically want to be home Friday through Sunday night, during the week if possible

6. Keith Lindsay

Keith Lindsay Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2016
    Loda, IL
    I've noticed a lot of TMC loads are running untarped, at least around here. Also, they're running a lot of curtain sides....kinda making me consider a change.

7. Buc

Buc Medium Load Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Based on your listed location, I'm willing to bet those TMC Conestogas you're seeing are either out of ALCOA down in Danville IL (along I-74 east pretty near the IN state line), or out of Logan Aluminum down in Russellville KY, on their dedicated fleets and runs. (If they've since opened up a dedicated operation out of ALCOA in Bettendorf IA it wouldn't surprise me.)

I ran with them for four years, and aside from one robotic FM I didn't have very many issues trying to get "home" on the weekends, especially in IN (at that time). You should do fine getting weekly hometime over there should you choose to go.

8. chrism1367

Jul 5, 2014
    Just an update, My app has been approved for tmc and I am able to start orientation. Also got a call from mcelroy asking me to get in touch with them. I have another local lead though, which is more what I'm looking for. Its giant eagle grocery store runs, also called talon logistics or seaway or something like that

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  9. Keith Lindsay

Keith Lindsay Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2016
    Loda, IL
    You're correct. They run out of ALCOA in Danville. I see a lot of day cabs as well, and I heard they're running out of Bettendorf. Seems like a decent gig, but idk bout running 62 mph....

10. Buc

Buc Medium Load Member

Nov 17, 2012
    After about two days you get used to it. Unless one is used to running 70 mph on the regular, in which case...lol

It doesn't (or didn't) really bother me. I found ways to make up for the -3mph difference, like smartly planning my fuel/rest/shower stops, knowing what time to go through certain areas--as far as that stuff was dependent upon me. (We all know many things occur out of our control out there.) More often then not I got it done, got it there, and got back out with little to no hassle.

Highway Sailor Thanks this.
  11. macavoy

macavoy Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    You done yet?

Make a decision?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.