TMC , need to know the TRUTH about them

Discussion in 'TMC' started by flathead, Jan 4, 2007.

1. judahbenhur

judahbenhur Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2007
    My response to Anomeley was strictly from a motivated point of view, and I agree he has a lot of pride. And he should.
    Besides, without Devil Dogs there would be no Devil Docs, and you know we've got to have something alive to pop an IV in (heh!).

Lakeready, I lived about 40 minutes (York,SC) from Charlotte NC, and worked there for a number of years. At that time Charlotte was #5 in violence/drug related crimes.

There's a lot of nice places within 30-40 minutes ride of Charlotte, and a lot cheaper. Of course, if this is not an issue then enjoy the Carolinas. I pray your transition and move goes well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks Juda,

Yeah, I'm pretty familiar with the area around Charlotte. We still have some old farmland out in Matthews, but my dad is trying to sell it. I'm figuring moving somewhere that the wife can find gainful employment while I'm out running the roads, hopefully making enough to work the Linehaul and be home most weekends at least. I prefer not being inside the Charlotte city limits or where my son would have to go do Charlotte/Mecklenburg Schools (I've hear horror stories).

Thanks for the well wishes, this wont be easy I know, and will definitely be even harder on my 4 year old.

4. JASON W

JASON W Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2007
    MEMPHIS,TN
    I am beeing sponsored by TMC to go to C1 for the cdl, any advice?

5. cat c-15

cat c-15 Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2007
    callahan, florida
    ive recently sent in an application with tmc and was denied:biggrin_25510: because of a felony, but there were no convictions and all charges were dropped. tmc just seems a bit crooked. but belive what u want to.:biggrin_25513:

6. jimbo29

jimbo29 Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Grand Island,NY
    Jarhed,

Best of luck man. Hope things work out on the road. I'm in a similiar position, (recently unemployed), but haven't made the decision on whether to go the trucking route yet. But I too don't have the desire to go back into cubicalville and future job burnout. Time will tell whether I hit the open road or not. Its definitely been something I've wanted to do for a long time, but hard to make a decision after reading some of the posts on here.

Keep in touch and let us know how you make out.

Be safe...

7. luvinmytrucker

luvinmytrucker Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Ventnor City, NJ
    ??? Did you divulge the felony charge? Cause u didn't have to unless u were convicted. They shouldn't be using it against u :(

We've got the issue of employment verification, they need a verifiable 5 yr record and DH doesn't have am W-2s for the one job he was # from
    2001-2004 so we're not sure if they're going to hire him. It stinks, I know it's their policy and they can't bend the rules for just him. It stinks though. They seem like a decent company and we were hoping

8. mcleroy

mcleroy Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2007
    opelika, alabama
    best of luck to you

9. cat c-15

cat c-15 Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2007
    callahan, florida
    yeah weve been hired just earlier this week by swift. i would honestly belive that this is a good job. so i say go for it. look out for those jerks at the truckstops and every thing will work.

10. hendersoncnc

hendersoncnc Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2007
    baltimore,maryland
    thats some bull man..i hope they dont do that to me..cuz i caught a charge that was dropped.

11. j-mac

j-mac Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Greenville, S.C.

I think the key to any job is honesty from both parties, you as well as the employer when starting a new position. I found myself looking for a new job after 15 years of local dump bucket hauling overnight. And I did alot of research into what companies out there for jobs. See, I have always used opportunities like that to move up, not lateral. There are a couple of companies out there that have similar operations to TMC, Maverick comes to mind. But, I chose TMC due to their attentive response, and willingness to answer all, and any question I may have. So far, I have been through orientation, out with a trainer, and in my own truck for about a month now.

I have only had one time where I was anywhere close to questionable on time, and with a quick phone call, endorsed by my fleet manager, I was helped through that situation professionally, and by the book. TMC, employees, and mans the phones 24/7, and the crew out there doing this seem to have the attitude that they are there specifically for you. They do a great job, at what they offer. Anomeley, and spade, although I don't know them, if they are anything like the team I have, they are highly motivated, and professional people that take the success of TMC very seriously. To do that you have to have drivers that succeed, and are up front in any situation.

I'll tell you a little example. A couple of weeks ago when picking up a load I slipped on top of the load and braced myself with my hands to stop my fall. It was in the middle of the night, and in the middle of nowhere. I thought my wrist was broken. With a call to safety, following the rules ofcourse, I was told that if I felt I needed to have it looked at, to simply find a hospital and have it done, an follow up in the morning. I did that, and TMC worked with me to get the load delivered, gave the the time to heal for a day, wrist not broken, and get going, all the time telling me that it was my call to move on. Plus, in the pay check, they still payed me for a partial load, and I have seen no ill effect for this happening.

So far I have to say that I am extremely happy with my decission to go with this company, and hope that it will be a beneficial move for not only me, but for them as well, we are a team.

j-mac

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.