TMC Orientation Story

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Coyote56, May 23, 2010.

1. miz860

miz860 Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Milskired are you going to do the military apprentice program.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 1986devildog

1986devildog Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Johnstown, PA
    Thanks for the info milskired. So if I undersdstand you correctly, it sounds like it is the company you get hired on with that determines your apprentice status and the VA concurs and then you can draw the money? I have used my VA benefits for school in the past just never exercised the apprenticeship program.

I was in the Corps from 1986 - 1992. I was a Crewchief/doorgunner/avionics tech on CH-53E's with HMH-465 Warhorse. Couldn't find work all of 1992 and Corps wouldn't take me back (thanks to Clinton) so joined the Army and served 17 yrs with them. Retired in 2008 with 22 yrs service.
    Semper Fi

4. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    Yes but there is only a couple of trucking companies that will actually allow you to use the apprentice program. The only 2 I know of it TMC and Werner.

No I am not using it. I want to save it and go to school eventually since its good for like 14 years.

5. miz860

Aug 23, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Hey Milskired just trying to see how it is coming along with TMC I think you should be out with your trainer by now?

6. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    Its going great. I went out on tuesday afternoon and got home last night early this morning. UI am really liking this company and how they work. I am pretty excited to get into my own truck here soon and get out running.

7. sweetangel

sweetangel Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Hey guys your scarring the ____ out of me I just finished the first part of my school and am planning to go with TMC they are my first choice then maybe Werner. But dam is orientation realy that bad? I'm a lady will i even stand a chance?:biggrin_25524:

8. miz860

Aug 23, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Sweetangel to be honest I don't know any women truck drivers that work for tmc but never think u can't do something just because of someone else's point of view. May I ask what school u are attending I live in phila.

9. avond447

avond447 Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2010
    IN
    Its good to hear your liking it too!! I just got home about 630 On Saturday.. really looking forward to my own truck too. PM me ur phone # so we can keep in touch.. Ive talked to Garrett and Hood, they are enjoying it it so far too

10. sweetangel

sweetangel Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Hay miz860 I attend Lancaster County Career Technical Center in Mount Joy PA and i love it. I just finished my CDL with them and now will be going to there Willow Street campus for me Heavy Equipment Operator side of my course. I'm still head strong fro TMC and pray that when i fax my resume and app today the will over look me being a female it's in there best interest. LOL:biggrin_25526:
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

11. motomack

motomack Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Rock Hill, SC
    Sweetangle I'm sure they wont deny you because you are a woman. There is a pretty high physical requirement. Have to be able to move a 80 pound tarp. If you can pass the whysical requirements dont see why you couldnt drive for them!

sweetangel Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.