TMC Orientation - WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by truckerswife08, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Governed

Governed Bobtail Member

Oct 29, 2008
    GA
    haha I was thinking the same thing. What's funny i've seen a couple people post that half of the orientation made it through.... that was about the percentage that made it through swift orientation when I went through it. I was nervous but I must admit it was very very easy. I would think that people going to work for TMC would have to have some experience. They should be fine if they have common sense and have driven a truck for any length of time. I think it makes perfect business sense for them to be picky in who they choose. If they just limited their orientation size to half the size lets say 25 people if they needed 25 drivers insead of 50 they would still probably cut half of that 25 well not exactly since that would be 12.5 but you get the point. You can't tell how smart someone is or how good someone can shift or back by their simple application.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. biggare1980

biggare1980 Medium Load Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Springfield, Ohio
    I had the same thing happen at Werner. I left at the end of the first day and never went back. When I went to orientation at a different company they called me into the office to change my info. Imagine the look on my face. I didn't know until then that if you attented even one day of orientation, it goes on your DAC.

4. biggare1980

Apr 29, 2009
    Springfield, Ohio
    Don't forget tarping fence posts, had a load while I was there that was a load of fence I picked up in Chicago. The load screen said to tarp it to protect from weather. Gave me a good laugh for the day.

5. skeeter2

skeeter2 Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Huntingdon TN.
    What do you all expect from a training company, those shiney short nose Petes dont make anybody an instant flatbedder

6. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ

I had to tarp a load of guard rails once. Or at least was suppose to until the shipper marked do not tarp....:biggrin_2559:

7. terrylamar

terrylamar Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I had a simular load I picked up in California. They were galvanized fence post. I asked why, and was told that while the outside of the fence post was galvanized, the inside was not. The consignee was famous for refusing the load if they found rust on the inside of the fence post, therefore they were tarped. Made perfect sense to me.

8. K1ngjam3z

K1ngjam3z Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2009
    findlay oh
    Na to be an instant flatbedder you have to go to arrow trucking. A coulpe hours of discussion a few videos and one test and you are a qualified flatbedder.

9. biggare1980

Apr 29, 2009
    Springfield, Ohio
    That does make sense, never thought about it that way. But when I got to the consignee it was all sitting outside in the elements. I guess it just depends on the person who is signing for the freight.

10. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Heck I have loaded steel beams in the pouring rain that was staged outside then delivered to a mud hole in the pouring down rain and guess where they put them? Yep, and it was a tarped load. In the winter I can understand it with the road salt, but in the middle of the summer???:biggrin_2554:

11. countrycuz

countrycuz Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2009
    columbia sc
    its true about TMC, they are policy driven the core. they require you to polish their wheels every three days and when you bring in your rig to their terminal they go over it with a white glove and if they even find dust in the ac vents your percentage on the load goes down. Not all drivers get the axe in orientation. many tell them that this is not their cup of tea and bow out. they require you to do a backward figure 8 through the cones with their rigs. no new driver out of school needs to go through this kind of stress. I would only reccomend tmc to experienced flat bedders who want a little challenge and love to have lots of little rules to follow.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.