TMC publicly shaming its drivers.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Rick11, Feb 2, 2020.

Is it ok for a trucking outfit to shame a driver who has an incident, by name and unit to the fleet?

1. Yes it is ok.

20.9%
  2. No it is not ok.

74.4%
  3. Dont know.

4.7%
  1. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    They’re not employees. They were people delivering milk to the plant. And I won’t name the place here because I’m not willing to put our company in a bad spot. But since I’m no longer pulling flatbed I will say that Boise Cascade in Elgin OR has/had a wall of shame as of late 2017. Compass Minerals in KS has pictures in the shipping office of drivers that have left the dock with a forklift in their trailer. Lots of places have them. Most people just accept responsibility for what they did instead of trying to blame the people for pointing out what they did.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I’ve had my CDL since May of 1997. I learned how to drive truck working for a farmer that had a harvest crew in the summer of 94 before my junior year of high school. Once I was out of high school every paycheck I’ve had has come from a truck. My grandpa started his company when he returned from WW2, and was later joined by my dad. Their DOT number was an old 5 digit number (12xxx) so that should tell you something. Sadly they both passed before I was out of school. But luckily because of who my family was a local farmer took me under his wing.

Grew up in trucks, I enjoy trucks for the most part. I like nice stuff. I take pride in my truck and what I do. So I tend to take offense when someone calls out my work ethic and accuses me of not inspecting my truck and taking care of it for whatever reason.

Oh and I recently tracked down and purchased a 1980 FL cabover that my dad bought brand new that I will be restoring.

So does my background pass your test? Am I allowed to talk about people bouncing checks for fuel since I had to write checks for fuel when I started driving?

JolliRoger, magoo68, autopaint and 7 others Thank this.
  4. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Hahaha. You check out, sir! You never know unless you say something.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I see it all the time . Go into the copper mines and they got trucks plastered on wall, haul truck ran over a little car or something similar. See it all steel plants as well, a coil dropped on truck or a suicide coil thru cab or something similar

autopaint, Long FLD and PE_T Thank this.
  6. Rick11

Rick11 Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2020
    But the name and photo of driver is missing. Big difference.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    No not always. I have seen it both ways.

8. Rick11

Rick11 Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2020
  9. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
  10. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I'll put it this way. If I were anonymously put on a wall of shame after an incident, I would feel bad enough.

If you put my name and truck number out there on that wall of shame, you are going to have an employee with a very bad attitude for the next week or two until my next job starts.

11. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Why is that?

D.Tibbitt and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.